Manning and the record* | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Manning and the record*

upstart

The Snow Plow Game
Reaction score
The Colts and Manning have got 37 frist downs from penalties this year.
I wonder how manny TDs Dan would have tossed if the rules were the same.

donshula said:
The Colts and Manning have got 37 frist downs from penalties this year.
I wonder how manny TDs Dan would have tossed if the rules were the same.

so true :(
all of a sudden many QB´s are putting up great numbers, these rules really help QB´s
Dan set the record in an era where defensive backs where allowed to have much more contact with the receivers. just watch the tapes of that time.

PS. if you´re a pats fan why is your screen name donshula?

We all know that these guys wouldn't have numbers like this in 1984. What can you do???

I think the saddest part of any Marino record being broken is that it takes away from his legacy. Dan's whole legacy is his records (since he never won a ring) so everytime a record falls, Marino's stature is hurt (in my opinion). I'll be sad to see this record go but it's like they say "records are made to be broken"!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
I think the saddest part of any Marino record being broken is that it takes away from his legacy. Dan's whole legacy is his records (since he never won a ring) so everytime a record falls, Marino's stature is hurt (in my opinion). I'll be sad to see this record go but it's like they say "records are made to be broken"!

:( :( :( :( :(

would like to see manning either fail or just tie the record..

good job by the ravens for holding peyton to one td...

Props to Tony Dungy for taking a knee at the end of the game instead of letting Manning throw for a cheap TD to break the record!

I know it's hard to compare 2004 to 1984 but Dan did throw the ball 70 more times for those 48 TD's and Payton has a QB rating od 124 to Dan's 108.

Peyton's year looks just a little better.

Times change and I bet back in '84 Unitas fans were complaining about how easy marino had it, it was alot harder during Unitas' time to throw the ball b/c the defenders could do just about anything they want. peyton breaking dan's record doesn't diminish anything Dan did, Dan is still the best QB I have ever seen.

Back
Top Bottom