Manny Lawson = Shawn Merriman | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Manny Lawson = Shawn Merriman

les dauphins

jesus of suburbia
Reaction score
[mod] post draft related threads in the draft forum [/mod]

do you you guys think manny lawson can be this years merriman i for one pray the dolphins draft him

I heard he's an incredible athlete, but I don't know if he is on Merriman's level. Does anybody know anything else about him?

les dauphins said:
do you you guys think manny lawson can be this years merriman i for one pray the dolphins draft him

my avatar should speak volumes
:lol:

hes good, but not nearly as good as merriman. merriman is more polished and has a great combo of size and speed. hes also very good against the run. lawson is a pure speed rusher, and doesnt possess the size merriman has. he also struggles against the run

Lawson is awsome. Merriman is amazing. I think only time will tell, but I dont see him on that level, not at first

Lawson is a target of mine in this draft. Im hoping we trade down to obtain more picks and Lawson being one of them. This is going to be a very interesting draft. On defense this draft has a lot of players that can fit our scheme.

dominizzo said:
If we Sign Arrington or Peterson forget about drafting a LB:wink:

Probably, but Saban may like the idea of Peterson/Arrington on one side, Thomas and Crowder in the middle and Lawson as the rush linebacker. I know Taylor will do a lot of that from the linebacker/DE position, but he is a veteran and who knows how much longer he will play at an elite level. Eventually, Saban will have to find "replacements" for both Taylor and Thomas as hard as that will be. Lawson could emerge as an elite pass rusher and those guys are hard to find and obviously in huge demand.

les dauphins said:
[mod] post draft related threads in the draft forum [/mod]

Manny was one of the "Freaks" at this years combine. He's a 6-5 1/2 247 who ran the 40 in 4.41 with a 39 1/2 vertical and ran the short shuttle in 4.19 (meaning he's not only straight line fast but very agile as well). He played mostly DE in college but also dropped into coverage alot due to his athleticism.

Back
Top Bottom