Manny Lawson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Manny Lawson

dolphinfan2k5

I don't want a large Farva
Reaction score
I've been hoping this guy would fall to us in the second for awhile now, but that seems almost impossible. Check out these pictures of him with a 45 inch vertical leap. Thats amazing. http://northcarolinastate.scout.com/2/423979.html

244456-1.jpg

acc081405402-1.jpg

He'd be great for us but I'm hoping we can get Greenway at 16.

ozzy rules!!
:rockon: :guitar:

Yeah I've been staring at Manny Lawson a lot lately. He is a guy that I am starting to think we should consider at #16. He is a Jason Taylor clone, and at the Senior Bowl practice he did some work in special teams drops and looked excellent in space so I think he can play linebacker. He has the size that Saban would look for...and I know that if we draft him people will get upset thinking that JT is on his way out of Miami but the truth is JT is getting a little older and though he's aged well it wouldn't hurt to get another guy that could possibly play on the other side or give us more options.

ckparrothead said:
Yeah I've been staring at Manny Lawson a lot lately. He is a guy that I am starting to think we should consider at #16. He is a Jason Taylor clone, and at the Senior Bowl practice he did some work in special teams drops and looked excellent in space so I think he can play linebacker. He has the size that Saban would look for...and I know that if we draft him people will get upset thinking that JT is on his way out of Miami but the truth is JT is getting a little older and though he's aged well it wouldn't hurt to get another guy that could possibly play on the other side or give us more options.

At #16?? Wow, I thought he was projected more as a 2nd rounder?

SpeedRush99 said:
At #16?? Wow, I thought he was projected more as a 2nd rounder?

Well, honestly I'm not all too sure why. Should it be considered a BAD thing when you're a Jason Taylor clone? I think Jason has done pretty well for himself.

He had 70 tackles this year, including 20 for a loss of 104 yards, he had 10 sacks, 21 quarterback pressures, 4 pass breakups...and he's got all the athleticism in the world on a 6'6" frame.

Once the scouts get comfortable with using him in the same role that Miami uses Jason Taylor, that's when you'll see his stock climb again IMO. They'll have him work a little bit at LB to increase his stock this week, I'd bet on it. And, it is good to keep in mind that he is NOT getting dominated so far in practices...he's been very good.

ckparrothead said:
Well, honestly I'm not all too sure why. Should it be considered a BAD thing when you're a Jason Taylor clone? I think Jason has done pretty well for himself.

He had 70 tackles this year, including 20 for a loss of 104 yards, he had 10 sacks, 21 quarterback pressures, 4 pass breakups...and he's got all the athleticism in the world on a 6'6" frame.

Once the scouts get comfortable with using him in the same role that Miami uses Jason Taylor, that's when you'll see his stock climb again IMO. They'll have him work a little bit at LB to increase his stock this week, I'd bet on it. And, it is good to keep in mind that he is NOT getting dominated so far in practices...he's been very good.

Yeah good points. I was just hoping we could grab him in the 2nd.

I think Manny Lawson will go late 1st/early 2nd. If SF loses Julian Peterson, the 49ers certainly could be one team looking early to fill that role. Lawson does seem like a great fit for what Saban likes to do, though. Maybe Miami trades down a bit, takes him, and gets extra picks. I'd love to see the Dolphins stockpile picks with all the talent in this draft.

Once they see his workout numbers, and see him work in space a little bit, he'll fly up the boards.

At this time last year, Demarcus Ware did not belong in the top 15. He looked good at the Senior Bowl, people started feeling more comfortable with him in space, and he went flying up the charts. Lawson will do the same thing, especially when he pops off those ridiculous workout numbers that he has in him.

Manny Lawson will not be available to Miami in the 2nd, he is the type whose draft position continues to improve the closer you get to draft day. He is a Jason Taylor clone and I think some team will take him towards the end of the first or top of the 2nd.

I think someone like Cleveland may make a few trades if he is still there mid 1st round. I don't think there is much chance of him dropping past the 25th pick IMO.

How come Jason Taylor was picked so late? The sixth round right, that could be wrong? Was it just because he was from Akron? I'm assuming he wasn't invited to the senior bowl. Didn't he do well in the combine?

Anyway, I would like to trade down, maybe with Denver for their first and second and take him. I just wish someone like him was available at a place of bigger need.

ckparrothead said:
Once they see his workout numbers, and see him work in space a little bit, he'll fly up the boards.

At this time last year, Demarcus Ware did not belong in the top 15. He looked good at the Senior Bowl, people started feeling more comfortable with him in space, and he went flying up the charts. Lawson will do the same thing, especially when he pops off those ridiculous workout numbers that he has in him.

CK, so do you see a 3-4 set, and we take him @16.

Lawson and Taylor as outside LB's and Crowder and Zach inside LB's?

Back
Top Bottom