Manny Lawson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Manny Lawson

PHINFREAK3675

*TEDDY GINN 24/7*
Reaction score
Dolphins | Team looking closely at Lawson
Mon, 10 Apr 2006 06:32:33 -0700
Steve Doerschuk, of the Canton Repository, reports the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/22/nfl">Miami Dolphins are looking closely at North Carolina State DE/LB Manny Lawson as one candidate for their first-round pick in the upcoming NFL Draft.

forget lavar already... i wouldnt mind seeing lawson on draft day!

Isn't it a little early for Lawson? Maybe if we trade down, but not at #16.

NYinBostonFin said:
Isn't it a little early for Lawson? Maybe if we trade down, but not at #16.

Correct! He's sliding down the boards.

NickJr. said:
Correct! He's sliding down the boards.

He's sliding because he's projected as an OLB in the NFL, but he hasn't shown an ability to drop into coverage. That makes him one dimensional.

NYinBostonFin said:
I think I'd rather Greenway.

Greenway is to weak to play in the 3-4. I like Manny but 16 is too high for him.

Manny's size and speed ranks him higher than Greenway, Chad has alligator arms and lacks the strength to shed Lineman.IMO

jlfin said:
He's sliding because he's projected as an OLB in the NFL, but he hasn't shown an ability to drop into coverage. That makes him one dimensional.

He played 2 years as an OLB at NC State, he played OLB at the Senior Bowl practices and was very impressive. He can cover backs and tight ends, he is very instinctive and he gets great depth on his drops.

Boomer said:
He played 2 years as an OLB at NC State, he played OLB at the Senior Bowl practices and was very impressive. He can cover backs and tight ends, he is very instinctive and he gets great depth on his drops.

Boomer can he play strong side Linebacker?

Back
Top Bottom