Manziel - So glad he's not in Miami | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Manziel - So glad he's not in Miami

I didn't see any "hatred" being directed at him in the thread, and it seems you were being defensive about him for some reason, but reading the additional posts I see what you mean now, in terms of him being some kind of lightening rod for opinion. People seem to feel very strongly in either direction about him.

It is what it is, but I disagree with you on comparing him to Pouncey. Pouncey wasn't as immature, didn't get arrested in college, didn't have his parents all worried about him, and he buckled down immediately when he was drafted. Had we drafted Pouncey and 5 minutes later he's partying in Vegas and then in Austin...you would have been worried and so would I.

Eh, just a little miscommunication. I've just noticed that anytime his name comes up in here, a lot of vitriol follows for some reason. He clearly rubs people the wrong way.

I have zero doubt Pouncey was partying not long after being drafted and I have even less doubt that he was an immature idiot (I can't see him developing those traits later in life, considering that's a good way of describing him right now). Hell, I'm willing to bet good money he was partying hard the night of. The difference is, nobody gives a **** about a center, so he wasn't being followed around by TMZ. Manziel can't poop without it being photographed and criticized for being too stinky.

If we drafted him, I'd be more concerned that we are stuck with a QB that I don't think will be very good in the NFL. Of course, I'd be told by the same people currently ripping him that I need to be more patient, can't judge him so early, yada yada.

I'm assuming you must not have read anything about it, because that lawsuit is an absolute joke.

http://nypost.com/2014/05/23/johnny-football-harassment-suit-is-craziest-thing-youll-read-today/

My advice to Johnny would be to just embrace it. I didn't like that he tweeted out a picture of his playbook in response to the criticism over his Vegas trip. Similarly, I don't want to see him try to defend himself here. Sure, he could point out that no one would've batted an eye had he been sipping out of a champagne flute, but ride a plastic duck and now you're suddenly out of control. Is it a hyperbolic response? Absolutely, but if people want to think he's out till 4am every night partying with Drake then don't try to fight it. Own it, and then go out and drop bombs on teams anyway.

[video=youtube;24Sc2fYMh8k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24Sc2fYMh8k[/video]
I stand corrected

This is exactly the kind of hypocrisy I'm talking about. Misi reacted to another guy yelling something from his b5alcony by busting through the door and punching a completely different person. That's something you would do? :lol:

So, you make excuses for that, but pounce on Manziel because he was in a bar fight in which he exchanged punches with another guy. Totally the same thing and Manziel's was clearly far worse.

Look, I have no problem with Misi (I think Pouncey is a far bigger issue). He did something stupid, paid the price, and hasn't done anything else since. But I don't understand how people can defend what he did and then rant about players like Manziel like he punched their mom, especially when he doesn't impact the Dolphins in any way. And I have no doubt you'd be defending Manziel if we drafted him.

I don't like manziel from a football prospect standing so that's doubtful. I'm glad you agree on misi it was a first offense we all make mistakes. I was showing the manziel assault as comparable to a first offense. Admittedly im not big on off the field stuff. Theres other reasons to dislike johnny as a football player. But his father warned that hes becoming an alcoholic

I don't like manziel from a football prospect standing so that's doubtful. I'm glad you agree on misi it was a first offense we all make mistakes. I was showing the manziel assault as comparable to a first offense. Admittedly im not big on off the field stuff. Theres other reasons to dislike johnny as a football player. But his father warned that hes becoming an alcoholic

They like to use that word in Texas. Every time I visit family there, somebody asks me if I'm becoming an alcoholic when I have a beer or glass of wine with dinner. It's very strange.

I don't think he'll end up being a good NFL QB, but I really don't understand the level of vitriol directed at him on here, especially when we have players like Pouncey on our team; a person who throws parties that make wherever Manziel is look like a Sweet 16 party. Hell, he doesn't even play for a rival.

Yup.

Assuming that isn't rhetorical, I have no idea about it's origins. The acronym I'm most familiar with was "stuff we all get". Here's a whole list. http://www.acronymfinder.com/SWAG.html

Sex with a Goat is apparently a frequent enough occurrence that it requires it's own acronym.

I heard or read somewhere years ago that it started as "secretly we are gay" (and indeed it's on the list), but apparently it's a rare use of that acronym. Great web site, by the way. I'm definitely going to use that in the future. I would never have thought swag could have stood for so many things.

This article was just put up over the weekend. I don't care how talented the kid is, he is immature and out of control, and how well his abilities will translate to the NFL is suspect, anyway. I'm glad we never considered drafting him.

BpiIDCYCEAMH4Ms-1.jpg

@Deadspin not the greatest of pics, but here's Manziel enjoying some X games after party festivities in Austin at Rio10:13 AM - 7 Jun 2014

SB Nation has the link:

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014...el-riding-a-swan-float-with-a-bottle-of-booze

I actually find the picture funny. I don't know why it makes me think of Billy Madison and the parties he had in the movie and the "penguin" ha. Anyway, I don't know, I don't dislike the guy. He is immature, but he's 21, just got out of college. This is his off time and he's having fun.

Hopefully he knows to get serious, because if he's doing this stuff during training camp and during the season, it will hurt him greatly in his qb development and he'll never be anything more. I personally never wanted him as our qb, not because of this, but because I just don't think he will be a successful qb. His style of play and build, just doesn't seem like it will work. So I don't want him for that reason. The immaturity though? Well this isn't the first time for a qb. A qb can come in the nfl immature and develop, mature and then be successful. Let's not forget Cam Newton and how he'd sulk on the sideline and his press conferences after losses and his immaturity his first 2 seasons.

I actually find the picture funny. I don't know why it makes me think of Billy Madison and the parties he had in the movie and the "penguin" ha. Anyway, I don't know, I don't dislike the guy. He is immature, but he's 21, just got out of college. This is his off time and he's having fun.

Hopefully he knows to get serious, because if he's doing this stuff during training camp and during the season, it will hurt him greatly in his qb development and he'll never be anything more. I personally never wanted him as our qb, not because of this, but because I just don't think he will be a successful qb. His style of play and build, just doesn't seem like it will work. So I don't want him for that reason. The immaturity though? Well this isn't the first time for a qb. A qb can come in the nfl immature and develop, mature and then be successful. Let's not forget Cam Newton and how he'd sulk on the sideline and his press conferences after losses and his immaturity his first 2 seasons.

yah I would have liked to move up and draft cam, he was my sig before the draft, from what I know of him now I still would have pulled the trigger,

I would rather my qb sulk and improve than sulk and get loaded - so we'll soon see how mr football deals with the ups and downs of the brownies

I don't care what an athlete does if he is out making an *** of himself drinking. I do care if he is hanging out with guys who are murdering people, or otherwise leading criminal lifestyles (and of course, the ones who are popping off guys themselves). It's not what he is doing for fun that matters, it's what he is doing on the job, and there is nothing in that picture that has anything to do with him playing QB for the Browns.

Every person in America does things besides their job, its whether or not you are getting your job done that really matters.

I'm hoping Manziel is just good enough to cancel 2 of the other AFC North teams from the wildcard race but not so good that the Browns become a WC contender themselves. If he's horrible and the Browns remain six easy wins for the rest of their division its no good for us.

He is a dolphin so he is automatically defended by some. We don't even know what was said to Misi in reality just his side of story or assumptions. I mean no big deal he broke into someone's house and assaulted the wrong person.
I wonder how people would have felt if misi had got his head blown off when he entered the property. As for Pouncey no he waited until he became a pro to be immature and party like a rockstar along with the rest of our oline.
He's very lucky he didn't get shot. Very lucky.

A kid just out of college likes to drink? SOMEONE ALERT THE POPE!

I had typed out a long drawn out response to this topic and literally deleted it because it comes down to this simple statement:

The kid is either going to learn to act like a man in a sport that needs you to be a man or he is going to be a frat kid who flashed in the pan.

I wonder what all would have been posted and said about Joe Namath if they had social media back then.

Back
Top Bottom