Marcelous Willy cut by SD, can he replace Ogun? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marcelous Willy cut by SD, can he replace Ogun?

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Just saw on espn news that they cut Willy(sp?)he was a probolwer 2 years ago. Does he still have it and can he replace Ogun if he does go?

Ozzy rules!!

Wiley makes alot of money..........take a look at ebenezer ekuban.......he fits better.

he could yes, but he isnt anything more than what we already have. Wiley was a Pro Bowl player two years ago, but 6 sacks in 02, and 3 last year...not so spectacular

nfl.com says he's started all but 4 games the past 3 seasons... :confused:

Originally posted by Snickersbps
nfl.com says he's started all but 4 games the past 3 seasons... :confused:

That doesn't mean he finished all those games. He missed most of the Bills game in SD in 2001. He would be dressed, play a few plays, and then sit the rest of the game out.

hence the terrible stats per game...

i hate how nfl.com displays stats

Wiley is a better fit than Ekuban. Wiley is good vs the run & is a LDE. Ekuban is more of a pass rusher & is a RDE. We'll need a LDE.

Originally posted by Snickersbps
he could yes, but he isnt anything more than what we already have. Wiley was a Pro Bowl player two years ago, but 6 sacks in 02, and 3 last year...not so spectacular

No one on the SD defense is spectacular. He had no supporting cast, but I think Wiley is alot better than his stats in powder blue reveal. I don't think he would be a great fit here. I just saw him on ESPN saying he has 43 girl friends, and his clothing line takes up alot of his time. He is a very intelligent man graduateing from an Ivy league school, but I question his heart.

I like Wiley, but someone's going to pay too much to bring him in. After Kearse and Ogun, he's probably the best DE in free agency now; it's either him or Grant Wistrom.

If Ogun walks, I suspect we'll replace him by letting J.Williams, D.Bowens and a bargain signing fight it out in a steel cage death match....er, training camp.

this is where i start leaning towards keeping Ogun. Ogun is simply the best all around DE in the league right now IMO.

The fact that we can match any offer is a big help. If a team at the bottom of round one signs him, maybe we match because the pick doesn't justify it. But if someone in the top half of the round signs him to an offer sheet, we can let him walk and take the high pick.

I want Ogun back too, but if he's looking for Jason Taylor money, he can take a hike as far as I'm concerned.

Originally posted by phunwin
The fact that we can match any offer is a big help. If a team at the bottom of round one signs him, maybe we match because the pick doesn't justify it. But if someone in the top half of the round signs him to an offer sheet, we can let him walk and take the high pick.

I want Ogun back too, but if he's looking for Jason Taylor money, he can take a hike as far as I'm concerned.

I agree with your draft choices part but not with the Taylor money part.

He should want Taylor money. He's earned it.

We might have a shot at Wiley...how good are the strip clubs in South Florida?

<inside joke based on ESPN "sex-and-sports" series>

Back
Top Bottom