Marcus McNeill vs Winston Justice | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marcus McNeill vs Winston Justice

Austin Tatious

Starter
Club Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any information and comparison on these two guys? Who figures as the better prospect? I haven't seen enough of them, but McNeill's 6'8 wingspan at LT sounds great to me.

I don't about everything however I would rather have Winston Justice based on everything I have heard and read.

The question is does McNeal back problems (? spinal stenosis) scare teams from drafting him in the middle of rd one?

For some reason I'd prefer McNeill. I just don't get a good vibe from Justice, and McNeill has already blocked for Ronnie Brown....something to consider.

Something else to consider...in last year's draft his first 4 picks were guys that either played for him or played against him. McNeill went to Auburn, so that's definitely in his favor, or disfavor depending on how he played against LSU.

Austin Tatious said:
Does anyone have any information and comparison on these two guys? Who figures as the better prospect? I haven't seen enough of them, but McNeill's 6'8 wingspan at LT sounds great to me.
McNeil is a 6'7" 335 pounder who just ran a 5.07 40 at the combine and has played both LT and RT at Auburn.
Justice is not as big but just as quick and has never played LT. Was also suspended for the entire 2004 season because of some off the field issues that he now regrets.
McNeil has been accused by some as not having that "killer instinct" while Justice wants to dominate everyone he faces.

Geforce said:
McNeil has been accused by some as not having that "killer instinct" while Justice wants to dominate everyone he faces.

Thanks for the info. If that is true, then I really want Justice more than McNeill. Attitude is always important, but a tough, nasty attitude on the O Line is especially crucial.

Justice hasnt played LT, but Leinart is a left handed QB. Some players dont make the transition to having to switch stances, but I think Justice will be fine. That said I want Mcneil, He helped 3 players go 1st round last year, and his size is incredible. I think he could be one of the top 5 players in the draft.

DRAFT MCNEIL!!

My choice would be McNeil, he's got the tools for a Left tackle. Also I believe I'm right in saying he hasn't given up a sack as a Tackle (I think he gave up one first year of college as a Guard) and when Auburn wanted ground yards they ran behind him. My only question is his back - if he was there in the second it would be a no-brainer to pick him. I'd even try to trade up in the second (using players) if he were available.

Depending on who else was on the Board I might pick him at 16 or trade down and pick him.

Whoever gets him will be set at Left Tackle for a decade.

kpcane said:
For some reason I'd prefer McNeill. I just don't get a good vibe from Justice, and McNeill has already blocked for Ronnie Brown....something to consider.

Something else to consider...in last year's draft his first 4 picks were guys that either played for him or played against him. McNeill went to Auburn, so that's definitely in his favor, or disfavor depending on how he played against LSU.

I agree. Those off field problems scare me. Justice is described as immature, while McNeil is said to be very coachable and, in fact, is a son of a coach. I think McNeil under the guidance of Houch could be something.

I think the biggest difference between McNeil and Justice is a matter of foot speed. I'm not sure McNeil has the foot speed to deal with speed rushers in the NFL.

Justice, by most accounts, has the athleticism and foot speed to switch over to the left side. The questions on Justice were off field related. I've heard that he's come across with more maturity at the combine and he should be the 2nd tackle chosen after Ferguson.

Either would be a great choice for us.Justice is a RT and you dont usually see that position drafted that high unless they are dominating types and I believe he is going to be dominating.His coach at USC ,Davis now with the Dolphins has stated that he is the best athlete he has ever coached.

Marcus is a massive tackle who is very, very athletic. He's light on his feet and has been an exceptional pass blocker as a left tackle for Auburn over his four years there. He has never given up a sack in his college career.

Mc Neil has stenosis of the spinal column, which is a condition that could eventually lead to pinched nerves and possible ruptured disks. This is something that will have to be checked out, because it could shorten his career. He also is a little lax at times with his technique, bending at the waist instead of at the knees and things like that. Marcus may also have some trouble at getting his pad level low enough in the NFL.

Yes they both have questionsmarks about them but if they didnt we would not have a realistic chance at picking either one at our 16th spot.

Props go to KB21 for some of this info.

PHINSfan said:
The question is does McNeal back problems (? spinal stenosis) scare teams from drafting him in the middle of rd one?

He wont get past the Bucs.They love him and you know Cadillac is encouraging them.

Frank B said:
I think the biggest difference between McNeil and Justice is a matter of foot speed. I'm not sure McNeil has the foot speed to deal with speed rushers in the NFL.

Justice, by most accounts, has the athleticism and foot speed to switch over to the left side. The questions on Justice were off field related. I've heard that he's come across with more maturity at the combine and he should be the 2nd tackle chosen after Ferguson.
I agree....McNeill has very poor lateral movement. Probably the worst I seen at the combine. His straight line speed is great.
As for Justice I really haven't watched him much but I seen a little of him at the combine and the rose bowl and he is very athletic. And he has a big upside.
If you want to see McNeill in 2 full games here's a link: I'm not really impressed with him. Not in the 1st round anyway. Just click on the Auburn games.

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/collegebroadcast/teams/jps

Back
Top Bottom