Marcus McNeill vs Winston Justice | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marcus McNeill vs Winston Justice

KingCsonka said:
Depends on the severity of the condition. You'd obviously need medical clearance but some people were saying the same about Channing Crowder last year due to knee problems.
Ya but his knee problems weren't from a birth defect they were from football and injuries like that can heal 100%. His Spinal condition will never go away and will only get worse as his career goes on.

i can see why McNeill's back would be a concern.he didn't practice hardly at all his Sophmore year(but he still started every game) because of his back problems.that said,he has been practicing and playing injury free for the last two years.

he's the best OT that i've seen at Auburn since Willie Anderson and he's a class act to boot.as long as the Dolphins get a quality OT on the first day,i'll be happy though.

CrunchTime said:
Either would be a great choice for us.Justice is a RT and you dont usually see that position drafted that high unless they are dominating types and I believe he is going to be dominating.His coach at USC ,Davis now with the Dolphins has stated that he is the best athlete he has ever coached.

Marcus is a massive tackle who is very, very athletic. He's light on his feet and has been an exceptional pass blocker as a left tackle for Auburn over his four years there. He has never given up a sack in his college career.

Mc Neil has stenosis of the spinal column, which is a condition that could eventually lead to pinched nerves and possible ruptured disks. This is something that will have to be checked out, because it could shorten his career. He also is a little lax at times with his technique, bending at the waist instead of at the knees and things like that. Marcus may also have some trouble at getting his pad level low enough in the NFL.

Yes they both have questionsmarks about them but if they didnt we would not have a realistic chance at picking either one at our 16th spot.

Props go to KB21 for some of this info.

Didn't we once when Shula was around draft an offensive lineman with spinal stenosis. Don't recall his name but he was out of the The Universitly of Houston. The stenosis did him in. I'm all for Winston Justice if the plan is to get the LT of the future.

dolphinzen said:
Didn't we once when Shula was around draft an offensive lineman with spinal stenosis. Don't recall his name but he was out of the The Universitly of Houston. The stenosis did him in. I'm all for Winston Justice if the plan is to get the LT of the future.
Yes we did but he was traded to St Louis for their TE about a year or two later.

Geforce said:
Yes we did but he was traded to St Louis for their TE about a year or two later.

Right-and that wasTE Troy Drayton. The lineman did not last long though. Drayton was OK. Ah the memories.:wink:

Justice hasnt played LT, but Leinart is a left handed QB. Some players dont make the transition to having to switch stances, but I think Justice will be fine. That said I want Mcneil, He helped 3 players go 1st round last year, and his size is incredible. I think he could be one of the top 5 players in the draft.

DRAFT MCNEIL!!
Bullseyeguy for GM!

DID YOU JUST GET OUT OF JAIL OR SOMETHING???

The original post is almost a year ago!

SORRY ...no ex felons as GM
Smokey-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom