Mare cost Miami big time | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mare cost Miami big time

Sherif

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Instead of being 5-1 and distancing our self from our biggest rival in the AFC east and handing NE 4-3 Mare cost us the game. KC got it done yesterday against their division rival, Miami did not. This loss and misses by Mare cost us dearly and could have cost us the season.

Oakland stinks. And KC didn't have to kick off dirt.
Don't worry...Brian Griese is coming...bottoms up!

Brian Greise is not comming thank god. Levy Fiedlers agent said he should be ready on Monday. The fact is the NFL is a close game. The Raiders came a half a yard short yesterday. Fiedler gave Miami enough chances to be 5-1 and People are wanting Griese? Listen Mare cost Miami at least a home game in the playoffs. At most he could have cost Miami the entire season.

I would have 100% agreed w/you yesterday, but not I only 50% agree w/you...

Wannstedt said the Dolphins did not have snapper Jeff Grau, holder Matt Turk and kicker Olindo Mare work last week on the dirt infield at Pro Player Stadium -- as the team has in the past -- before the game against New England. Wannstedt said it was up to the three players, but they decided against it.

''No, they did not. That's how confident they were,'' Wannstedt said. ``We talked about it on Wednesday, but Olindo was fine with it and so was Matt.

``We've been playing a lot of games, kicking a lot of balls on that surface.''

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/7064044.htm

obviously, they need practice :fire:

Originally posted by Sherif
Brian Greise is not comming thank god. Levy Fiedlers agent said he should be ready on Monday.

That will convince me the minute agents are put in charge of personnell decisions. :rolleyes:

Wow...I guess D.W. makes his players decided on where to practice. Okay, lets see here...we got a new snapper (Grau) and this is Turk's 2nd week with the Fins. We're playing a home game vs. that Pats...these three clowns decide...oh, we don't need to practice on the dirt infield...we have enough confindence to put the friggin ball through the uprights...and guess what...stupid Olindo gets one blocked and shanks on wide right.

D.W. is a puss...he needs to control and manage this team...he gives them to much freedom PERIOD...he's not a coach...he acts like a moron on the sideline. This article really pissed me off. Who knows if Mare would have made it if he practiced...he still may have missed...but I bet his confindence before kicking the ball would have been higher. WTF...if I was D.W. I would make him practice kicking on the dirt for many long hours but I guess it does not matter anymore since it will not be there next time they play at home.

Mare really screwed us up big time...just like you FinFans mentioned...we could have had a nice lead and be 3-0 in the East but instead we need to play at New England and at Buffalo...man, it's starting to dawn on me that this loss was huge.

D.W. needs to get the hell outta Miami.

is it DW or Armstrong's fault, I see the latter...Wanne needs to leave the ST to his ST coach

ya...you might be right...its just that i did not have time to think this through b/c i so pissed still...well then if that's the case...get rid of Armstrong...

Mare is a adult making millions of dollars. He needs to take responsibilty for his actions.

Originally posted by Sal Lisitano
ya...you might be right...its just that i did not have time to think this through b/c i so pissed still...well then if that's the case...get rid of Armstrong...
we brought Turk back, when is Westhoff's contract up ;)

it is rather annoying to read that a new holder and new snapper as well as the kicker didnt work on the dirt infield, and even more so that "they decided they didnt need to."

Originally posted by MacAttack
Mare is a adult making millions of dollars. He needs to take responsibilty for his actions.

I was, for a while, an Army officer...an infantry platoon leader. I led men who were between the ages of 19-35, all of them responsible adults. If they screwed up in the field and it cost someone their life or cost us expensive equipment, they would get punished, for sure...but *I* would have been punished more severely because *I* was their commanding officer. Everything began and ended with my authority.
Dave is their commanding officer.

hey...olindo mare is a damn jerk...okay. he sucks and makes way too much money. what a punk. he has not done crap for the fins lately. he's no more mr. clutch. the last time he hit a clutch kick was in 2001 against the pats in new england when we won the afc east. ever since he got his big paycheck...he's stunk it up. he's beginning to remind me of pete stoyonovich (spelling is off) he too was great and then began to stink it up...remember our playoff game in san diego.

we have some good young kickers but once we show them the $$$ they suck....please explain?

Originally posted by Sal Lisitano
Wow...I guess D.W. makes his players decided on where to practice. Okay, lets see here...we got a new snapper (Grau) and this is Turk's 2nd week with the Fins. We're playing a home game vs. that Pats...these three clowns decide...oh, we don't need to practice on the dirt infield...we have enough confindence to put the friggin ball through the uprights...and guess what...stupid Olindo gets one blocked and shanks on wide right.

Mare really screwed us up big time...just like you FinFans mentioned...we could have had a nice lead and be 3-0 in the East
[/i]

Sal, Most of us share your frustration at this loss. I took it real hard. I thought before the game we'd blow NE out. Then after it started I had my doubts but I was still sure we'd win the game. I was shocked when we lost. I sat with my face in my hands just shaking my head. The only thing that is going to get me to where I was before this loss is 4 straight wins.

Alot of people are sidestepping the fact that against a team missing more than half of it's starting defense, it shouldn't have even come down to a last second FG.

Back
Top Bottom