Mare missed a $2M FG! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mare missed a $2M FG!

NathanHunt

Fluff Girls are underpaid.
Reaction score
House speaker slips Marlins subsidy in tax bill

Read about the REAL reason Mare missed the FGs.....

Looks like Wayne blew some serious smoke to call out Mare for missing the FGs.....

Guess he had to create a diversion while he tried to fit all that MOOLA into his pocket.

Funny, the NE loss at home cost us the playoffs... it PAID Wayne $2 MILLION. I call that WIN/WIN. Don't you?

I bet THIS will spice things up a bit!

:bling: <- Wayne after the NE game.

It's all in good fun PHANS.

how does the field goal and Wayne getting a tax subsidy have anything to with each other?

Originally posted by NathanHunt
House speaker slips Marlins subsidy in tax bill

Read about the REAL reason Mare missed the FGs.....

Looks like Wayne blew some serious smoke to call out Mare for missing the FGs.....

Guess he had to create a diversion while he tried to fit all that MOOLA into his pocket.

Funny, the NE loss at home cost us the playoffs... it PAID Wayne $2 MILLION. I call that WIN/WIN. Don't you?

I bet THIS will spice things up a bit!

:bling: &lt;- Wayne after the NE game.

It's all in good fun PHANS.

:huh:

I think it is because we all had an uproar that the kick came off the dirt infield and we blamed the Marlins sharing the facility for the missed kicks. I guess the connection is that a bunch of people want the Marlins to get their own stadium so this subsidy thing that goes to Wayne, must mean he is happy that Mare missed twice form the infield and piss off enough fans to vote in a new stadium and give Wayne money for the subsidy this year. It is too convoluted if you ask me, but then again he is a huge millionaire and I am not...so maybe he did plan it eh? :lol:

When the Department of Revenue found that the conversion had cost no more than $10 million and tried to restrict payments, lawmakers changed the law to let Huizenga get the full $60 million over 30 years regardless.

How can I get in on this kind of action!! Good lord, it sounds like they're GIVING him millions in straight profit. WTF!!

The Marlins now complain that because of a bad lease previous owner John Henry signed, the money from their subsidy goes to Huizenga, who continues to own Pro Player.

It seems Huizenga still "owns" the Marlins. :lol: :(

I'm thinking Wayne would have made a bit more than $2 million with the playoff game ticket sales and merchandising. Let alone the advertising deals that would have been paid.

Thanks Samphin. I figured someone, not drunk on the punch, would see that Wayne's BLAMING Mare for the missed field goals on the dirt was an indirect pointing of his own finger to himself.

But, now, we can't have the owner being the reason we lost... CAN WE?

I mean, he has to make some sort of public statement to show how OUTRAGED he really is. Considering he hasn't spoken a word since purchasing the team. The timing seems a little odd, think?

"If it looks like crap, smells like crap and tastes like crap....
it must be crap!" author unknown

How many owners have you heard call out a player?

So does it make sense that one of the league's more silent owner would do it (without an alterior motive)?

I'm a DolPhan and I approve this message.

Hey Chris... what about $60M... could a playoff game and merchandise GAURANTEE $60M?

Not only that, the Dolphins don't even have to take the field and he gets $2M a year. I realize he is a business man. but, when he called out Mare, he crossed the line.

He wanted us to believe it was solely on the kicker's shoulder. He neglected to mention he also benefit$ from that same dirt being on the field.

To me, he started a lynch mob and threw Mare to the wolves. Meanwhile he looked out the window and laughed at the idiots chewing on their own player.

Remember this, show me a nice businessman and I'll show you a poor businessman.

As fans, we sometimes want to feed off of the media hype... without asking "why?"

Originally posted by Samphin
It is too convoluted if you ask me, but then again he is a huge millionaire and I am not...so maybe he did plan it eh? :lol:

Yeah, I don't buy quite into it either. I just don't see Huizenga sitting in a huge chair, with a goatee, stroking a cat, eating a bowl of Blockbuster popcorn and laughing at Mare.

To me, Mare was to the New England game what Lucas was to that Bills game a while back. Anyway, Mare was being slammed by fans long before his offseason remarks.

Back
Top Bottom