Mare's a Wuss | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mare's a Wuss

danephin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Apparantly, he left without saying anything to reporters. Come on O-choke-O, be a man and step up and say, "I blew it." Then, maybe we can respect you a little. But to crawl off like a little girl, typifies what kind of heart this guy has. I'm so sick of all these "dirt" excuses. HE PRACTICES ON DIRT!!! IT'S HIS HOME FIELD!!! I know I'm over-reacting, but my whole week is runied!

Come on danephin aka Mr-O-Complain-O. Stop acting like its the end of the season because we lost, step up like every fan and accept that the games W's and L's are not a solo man thing.

How does that sound to you? Sounds to me like I was complaining, but only to prove a point. I understand that your week is ruined, they lost, Mare blew it, etc... But accept it and move on, look at this way, Would you rather have them lose to the PATS now and then win when it counts(near the end of the season) of would you have wanted the same thing as last year, NEEDING TO WIN THAT GAME TO GET IN THE PLAYOFFS AND THEN LOOSING IT?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Mr. 1972, my question to you is, why can't we have it both ways? Why is it, lose now, win later? Why not, win now, win later? Besides, Mare had a chance to put it away at the last game of the year last season, and he blew it then too. And another thing, what are these forums for if we can't vent our frustration. Do you really want everybody coming on here, saying "Gosh golly o gee, that was a tough loss. Oh well, I still can't wait for Olindo to get another chance. Maybe he'll make it. If not, oh well. Big deal. Gosh golly.

Thank you Phinz1972.

danephin, Mare is a great kicker. Sure today he missed two key fieldgoals (not going to get into that, its on another thread) but in the past he has proven himself. Not many Kickers can come out week after week and do as well as he has. Sure there are a few that you may name to try to prove me wrong but not as many as people think.

And come on now phinz has got a point when he says that its better to lose now than at the end of the season when we need the win. Of course it would be nice if we didnt need the win cause we already had the title.

Originally posted by danephin
Well, Mr. 1972, my question to you is, why can't we have it both ways? Why is it, lose now, win later? Why not, win now, win later? Besides, Mare had a chance to put it away at the last game of the year last season, and he blew it then too. And another thing, what are these forums for if we can't vent our frustration. Do you really want everybody coming on here, saying "Gosh golly o gee, that was a tough loss. Oh well, I still can't wait for Olindo to get another chance. Maybe he'll make it. If not, oh well. Big deal. Gosh golly.

I would love to have it both ways, but unless we travel back to 1972, we will not have both ways anytime soon. I understand that your p*ssed/upset/etc.. about the lose, I am also, but lets face it, Mare should have made the FGs, Jay should have not thrown the INTS, Williams should got a TD, Defense should have not allowed that 80yrd td!! Dolphin history proves itself, if we have a good QB, we have a sucky RB, if we have a GREAT RB, we have a IFFY QB

Originally posted by danephin

Dane Im going to answer this even if you arnt talking directly to me. These forums are a way to share what you think. Not come on and attack one of the players whom alot of us like and respect for his playing ability. Mare may have had a chance to win it last season and he may have missed. Thats in the past and in the past Mare has converted thouse Key plays more often than not. I personally dont think that Wann even should have kicked it from that range. It was third down and 6 (I may be wrong about that) and he choose to kick a 35+ FG in the dirt. Not many people would have been able to do that. Had our D than not given up we may just have stopped them and gotten the ball back. This Lose is not fully on Mare.

Of course no loss is ever because of one person (although this was pretty close). I'm not some teen-age kid with a computer. I've been watching football for 30 years. My point is that if Mare can't face the media after the game, and man-up to his mistakes, then I truly am worried about his mental strength. He will have to face this situation again, and I hope he has enough cojones to put it through the uprights. Everyone talks about all the great kicks he's made in the past, but I can't remember one since week 6 of last year. That's a long time. And I can easily remember the crucial ones he missed. I'm not saying get rid of him. But when is enough enough?

Originally posted by LoXiN
Thank you Phinz1972.

danephin, Mare is a great kicker. Sure today he missed two key fieldgoals (not going to get into that, its on another thread) but in the past he has proven himself. Not many Kickers can come out week after week and do as well as he has. Sure there are a few that you may name to try to prove me wrong but not as many as people think.

And come on now phinz has got a point when he says that its better to lose now than at the end of the season when we need the win. Of course it would be nice if we didnt need the win cause we already had the title.

Mare has not proven anything as a kicker last year and especially not this year. He seems to have become one of those players that disappear once they land the big contract. Too bad.

He's paid in the top 5 kickers in the league if I'm not mistaken.
At that point, when you are paid to be the best THERE ARE NO EXCUSES! You produce. He hasn't. The Fins have huge problems with the offense and that is the main reason this game even came down to Mare. However, Mare had a chance.... 2 in fact, to save the game for us. That's what he is paid to do whether it is kicking in grass, rain, snow, a swamp or even a dirt infield :rolleyes: it dosen't matter. If your paid to be the best, you produce in whatever situation. Mare isn't producing.

In Mare's defense... Mare's field goal was blocked near the end of regualtion and on his next attempt in OT, he might of looked slightly at the O-line to see where the pressure would be coming from for him to be able to kick it at a different angle.. Missing a field goal is no excuse.. Had the O-line held the D-line back.. This game would of been done in regualtion.. Very unfortunate..

ah but have you seen the replays for the 4th quarter Field goal?

Yes? Have you looked at his left foot closely?

No? Look again.

Mare clearly slipped when he went to plant his foot which caused him to kick the ball a little lower than he had wanted to.
Why did he slip when he planted. 1 word: Infield.

Loxin.. He must of been real cautious in the OT field goal then.. Mare is automatic from that range.. From here on out. He wont miss..

I dont know what the heck happened in the OT fieldgoal but you can clearly see the dirt give right when he goes to plant.

Also if i sounded rude in the following post i apollogize I didnt mean to.

Originally posted by LoXiN
ah but have you seen the replays for the 4th quarter Field goal?

Yes? Have you looked at his left foot closely?

No? Look again.

Mare clearly slipped when he went to plant his foot which caused him to kick the ball a little lower than he had wanted to.
Why did he slip when he planted. 1 word: Infield.

Viniaterri kicked 2 off the same damn surface.

Bottom line is if you are paid as a top level kicker, you perform well above average. You kick off of rain, snow, ice, swampland, dirt infields..... whatever. You produce or you do not.

Mare did not and hasn't been solid for a couple of years now.
He is suffering from fat contract syndrome!

A KICKER officially isn't a football player. It will be nice to see OM take a pay cut or leave. He had 2 opportunities to show why he's a 7 digit KICKER. And blew it. Maybe Turk should start practicing FGs...

Turks a punter. He hasnt kicked a fieldgoal in his life. Itd be like putting in Tim Ruddy kicking and Jason Taylor snaping.

Yes I know alot of punters can kick fieldgoals but Turk isnt one of them.

Back
Top Bottom