Marino as quarterbacks coach? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marino as quarterbacks coach?

shane13

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Maybe someone has already mentioned this, but how about Danny as our quarterbacks coach? Would it be too distracting? Or, would he provide Jay (or possibly even Brian) with the extra little something he needs to lead this team to the SB? Just an idea. I know I'd like to see it.

I think he would need to make his class before becoming a QB coach.

It wouldn't be good to see the greatest QB all-time (at least statistically) as a failure in a pro coaching job with his former and only team.

Dan sounds real happy in the booth

Dan Marino has already made the statement that he is not interested in any type of coaching position .... But who knows, things can change .....:lol: Marino1983

I think he is great on HBO. He has a broadcasters voice... i always would like to see Marino in some kind of Dolphin gear.. but i dont think coaching is his thing. He wasnt very coachable when he was a player.. i dont think he would be able to coach others.

Hey watch it there buddy, Bob Griese himself made a crack about Marino's mobility and got booed by the fin fans, if he gets that kinda treatment, what do you think they'd do you you? ;)

Just to add to what Marino1983 said, Dan did address this and mainly he said he can't ever see himself trying to work his way up the coaching ladder by becoming a QB Coach then maybe offensive coordinator etc because they work dog hours and get paid pittance. Meanwhile he's broadcasting and getting tons of money for hardly any work. No thank you.

I guess that makes pretty good sense. I was just thinking/hoping that maybe he'd like to be a part of a Super Bowl run, even if it's not as the quarterback. With all the pieces falling in place, having the experience of the greatest quarterback ever to guide Jay would/could be just what this team needs.

i wish we would just sign marino as our third string QB so he can get his ring.

Originally posted by Flipper34
i wish we would just sign marino as our third string QB so he can get his ring.

What's the point. Yeah he would get his ring but it wouldn't mean nothing for him and for everybody.

Maybe he wouldn't be remember as the greatest QB to ever play the game without winning a superbowl, but it would be far worse.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Just to add to what Marino1983 said, Dan did address this and mainly he said he can't ever see himself trying to work his way up the coaching ladder by becoming a QB Coach then maybe offensive coordinator etc because they work dog hours and get paid pittance. Meanwhile he's broadcasting and getting tons of money for hardly any work. No thank you.

I can vouche for this....I was going to write the same thing. He doesn't want to be a coach at all.

maybe not as a full time coach, but, i bet if wanne asked REAL nice he would come in for a couple of mini's or for a week or two for camp just to let SOMETHING rub off on the talent we have now....hehe

Originally posted by SuavePhin
Hey watch it there buddy, Bob Griese himself made a crack about Marino's mobility and got booed by the fin fans, if he gets that kinda treatment, what do you think they'd do you you? ;)

:rolleyes: The entire football watching world knows that Danny couldn't run. That was not a diss. Dan didn't need to run, he could usually get the ball out before the rush got to him, and if he didn't he could escape with a quick shuffle up or back. The man was amazing to watch.

Back
Top Bottom