Marino ERA vs R.WilliamS Era

Chubby

SUPERFAN
Reaction score
I have had a big debate yesterday with a couple of buds and wanted to see what you guys think.

Whick Dolphin Era do you prefer

Marino Era vs. R. WIlliams Era

I love Dan He is still my favorite player all time. But I really like this era with the Smash Mouth, Run up the middle, in your face ERA. I just think we havent seen our full Potential because of the lack of respect for our QB"S and the Lack of a Full Talented OL.

:goof:

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
nothing compares to Czonka/Griese Era, but Dan's was pretty special. Remember all those great TD passes to the Marks Bros. RW is too new to even get consideration.

RobertHoover

Convinced WCF is a moron
Reaction score
You know what I mean to. What if RW blows a knee in practice and is done or leaves to FA in two years.

Wait for enough games to call it and era, thats all I say.

Buffalo doesn't have a Bledsoe Era yet, we need time. Same down in South Florida

phinfan_1

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chubby
... I just think we havent seen our full Potential because of the lack of respect for our QB"S and the Lack of a Full Talented OL.

I totally agree with you chubby on that comment, you hit the nail on the head. But I'd have to agree with dolphan39 Czonka/Griese.

Chubby

SUPERFAN
Reaction score
Czonka/greise era was a special one. Unfortunately I was to young to enjoy but I have seen alot of video on them and have read there book.

HofCityFan

Premium Member
Reaction score
How about if we go with the Shula era. (At first I didn't understand what the topic was about I was thinking Earned Run Average what does that have to do football, Its been a long week!!!!):lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
it would have to be the

Shula/Czonka/Griese
vs Shula/Marino
JJ/Wanne eras

or
JJ
Wanne eras

and Shula/Czonka/Griese was what made me a dolphan:D

HofCityFan

Premium Member
Reaction score
See you take all the fun out of every thing. It is a hard choice I grew up watching Shula/Griese/Zonk era but I loved watch Marino throw the ball with Marino I never felt we were out of the game. I would of loved to see what Shula/Griese/Zonk era could of done without the damn WFL stealing our best players.

themole

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Originally posted by dolphan39
it would have to be the

Shula/Czonka/Griese
vs Shula/Marino
JJ/Wanne eras

or
JJ
Wanne eras

and Shula/Czonka/Griese was what made me a dolphan:D
Anyone, old enough to vividly remember those days will have to agree.

It wasn't flashy, it was a totally dominating, methodical machine.

That's why their point differential wasn't overly impressive, Hell, they averaged throwing 10-12 passes a game. Opponates only had two opportunities per Q to score.

It was PERFECT and after thirty years of testing no other team has made that mark again.

That's why I'm proud to be a DOLFAN.

Top Bottom