Marino honestly think of coming back to the NFL. No Joke!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marino honestly think of coming back to the NFL. No Joke!!!

Prime Time

Screw You Guys..Im Goin Home!!!
Reaction score
Dan Marino and John Elway were on ESPNEWS earlier in the day at a golf tournament. The guy asked both Elway and Marino since that their playing days are over in the NFL would they consider coming back to either coach or something more. Elway said that he would not come back to the NFL not even to coach cause he's having fun being retired and is coaching his son football team.

Marino said that he also was enjoying retirement and the thing he has going on with CBS and HBO. BUT he also said that in a couple of years he might have that scratch and might come back as a GM. It was interesting to hear that Dan Marino is considering coming back to the NFL as a GM.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you would read, it doesn't say anything about him returning to play.

Originally posted by MOULDSROCKS
isn't he like 43? I would think his playing days are behind him.

Moulds, I was joking in another post about you using a mirror for inspiration to doctor Ricky's picture for your avatar, but now you're making me wonder....

"It was interesting to hear that Dan Marino is considering coming back to the NFL as a GM."

I read it wrong, I thought he meant AS OPPOSED to a QB....

it's 2 am for chrsts sakes... lol

Originally posted by MOULDSROCKS
isn't he like 43? I would think his playing days are behind him.

Don't you read the posts? Coming back as a GM.

Not a QB.

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX

Don't you read the posts? Coming back as a GM.

Not a QB.

A little late , aren't ya?

I wonder if Marino ever became a GM, would he consider asking Jimmy Johnson to come out of retirement to coach for his team?

Originally posted by justafan

A little late , aren't ya?

I wonder if Marino ever became a GM, would he consider asking Jimmy Johnson to come out of retirement to coach for his team?

Yeah, I'm not maintaining the board every sec to respond after every one of your (Bills fans) posts.

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX

Yeah, I'm not maintaining the board every sec to respond after every one of your (Bills fans) posts.

Shouldn't you read the entire thread before you post though?

Man, if Jimmy J. was asked to coach a team who cares as long as it isn't the Dolphins again. If Marino became a GM good. But seriously, he would be more effective as a quarterbacks coach. Right?

I don't know if he would be an effective quarterbacks coach. As they saygreat players usally make bad coaches. These guys push themselves to leveslsso hard and work even harder on top of tht at perfect their game that trying to coach someone else that either doesn' have the same talent or same drive can become very frustrating for these athletes. The only one I can really think ave that had some success is Larry Bird in the NBA, you could make case for Isiah Thomas as well.

Originally posted by justafan

Shouldn't you read the entire thread before you post though?

Not really.
I reply to what I choose.

If this thread was 3 pages long would you expect me to read through it all before posting? No ;\

Kinda like when some of you Bill posters post on threads that are/were a month old.

Back
Top Bottom