Marino honestly think of coming back to the NFL. No Joke!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marino honestly think of coming back to the NFL. No Joke!!!

Moulds that's ome funny stuff. But you do know the Dolphins are better than the Bills right ?

Knew he couldn't be serious about playing. He must feel lucky just too play golf with those knees. Theres no love lost between Jimmy and Dan. He was absent from Dans retirement ceremony. Not sure if it was his choice or Dans. I had understood it was by his choice which I thought showed no class at all. We had such big hopes when Jimmy came too Miami but it just never worked out.

Maybe he could get his ring after all if he came back as a GM. I just don't see this happening anytime soon.

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by Danny
Maybe he could get his ring after all if he came back as a GM.

Ozzy rules!!

For what it's worth...

Doesn't give you the same feeling and wouldn't put Marino has the best QB all-time...

Great Coaches/Players

Originally posted by Samphin
I don't know if he would be an effective quarterbacks coach. As they saygreat players usally make bad coaches. These guys push themselves to leveslsso hard and work even harder on top of tht at perfect their game that trying to coach someone else that either doesn' have the same talent or same drive can become very frustrating for these athletes. The only one I can really think ave that had some success is Larry Bird in the NBA, you could make case for Isiah Thomas as well.

You make a very good point about former great coaches. However, there are a couple notable exceptions in history. I know this is a football board, but hey I'm only 16 and I know basketball history a little better.

There are two men in the Basketball Hall of Fame. The first in Lenny Wilkens. You may remember a couple years ago at the all star game or something Wilkens was trying to give Shaq some advice about low post play, and Shaq blew him off saying "No offense coach, but did you ever play at this level?"

The other is a guy you may have heard of. John Wooden. Arguably the greatest coach of all time, in any sport, most people don't know about his history as a player. That's because it was a really long time ago.

Jerry West, like Bird, had a lot of success as a coach, but gave it up to do the front office thing. Bill Russell was very successful as a player-coach. But after he stopped coaching himself, he wasn't nearly as successful. Those are just a couple examples from the top of my head. I'm sure there are more in every sport.

Oh, and for the record, Isiah Thomas is a terrible coach, they had the most talent in the east this year, he can't keep Ron Artest in check, and Al Harrington should be getting 40 a night.

Re: Great Coaches/Players

Originally posted by mls737

There are two men in the Basketball Hall of Fame. The first in Lenny Wilkens. You may remember a couple years ago at the all star game or something Wilkens was trying to give Shaq some advice about low post play, and Shaq blew him off saying "No offense coach, but did you ever play at this level?"

classic idiotic Shaq :dunce:

Dude how do you go from that to: "Marino honestly think of coming back to the NFL. No Joke!!!!!

How many teams have offered him a GM position?

Ok I understand we're all bored with this offseason thing and there's nothing to post about. BUT if you're gonna post irrelevant stuff DO NOT post it in such a misleading way please.

Back
Top Bottom