Marino likes Kitna | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marino likes Kitna

CanadianFish

Starter
Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/7812579.htm

Marino talking about Dilfer and Kitna.

"Look at Jon Kitna, a guy who played in Seattle with a young team. He's learned to play quarterback. There's a lot of guys like that, and you can win with a guy like that.''

I personally would prefere Ricky Ray but Kitna is definetly my #2. I really don't think Brunell is the answer.

I'd MUCH rather have Ray and Kitna then Brunell. I've been a Kitna fan for years, and wasn't surprised at all by his recent success.

I like Kitna as well. He attributed much of his success to the mentality he gained from a book he read over the off-season, "Wild at Heart." Helped him overcome that tentativeness and fear that plagues many a QB.

If he is released (I think the Bengals would try to trade him first), we should go after him. But, they may keep him and let there be competition. Why should they go with Palmer, an unproven guy (despite his talent), over a guy who has done it on the field? It will be interesting to see.

Btw, the quote below, was in the book Kitna read.

Cincinatti isn't about to get rid of Kitna. It took them over a decade to find a QB they can win with, now they're letting him go? I think Marino was just using Kitna as an example of where you can get a QB to win with.

relive1972 is right. He was just using Kitna and Dlfer as an example, it was not an endorsement or desre to have Kitna.

I'm not saying that he is likely to come to Miami. All I'm saying is that if he does becomes available I would prefere if Miami concentrated their efforts in signing him rather then Mark Brunell.

Comments like that would make me very uncomfortable if I was Fiedler. As I've never heard Marino say that Fiedler could lead a team to a championship.

Also with the money we would probably save from signing Kitna instead of Brunell we could go an pick up Chad Clifton... now that is an off-season dream :).

I know, but your post leads people to belive that Marino is coveting Kitna in some way. Based on the article its just not what is being said.

Its all good.

I would take anybody other than Fiedler.

Is everyone on CRACK!!! John Kitna??? I'm sorry but one year of success and everyone thinks he is this huge winner. Fine he cut down the interceptions and found God, good for him, but there is no way that he would be the answer in Miami. When will we take the time to draft a young arm like a J.P Losman to fill some of the gaps. Everyone else is surfacing with franchise qb's ex: Palmer, Vick, Leftwich, Boller, etc. It just seems like we keep focusing on Defense and not any offensive power or someone with a strong arm. Now on the defensive end of things is it me or is Miami one of the worst blitzing teams out there. With their front four they should be able to throw major blitzes in there but the LB's seem to run directly into the opponents offensive lines. I would love to have a defensive coordinator who could mix things up a bit and utilize the power of this defense which is its speed and the strength of the DE's. If the blitz packages were mixed up a bit better just think of how many sacks Taylor would have or even Eddie Moore next year flying off the ends. Wouldn't even hurt to throw a few saftey blitzes in with Knight. Look how effective NE does it with Harrison and Knight is straight out of the same mold. I'm from Maine and absolutely lothe the Pats yet you can't help but wonder what is going on because there defense shouldn't be able to hold any mud to ours yet they seem to derail teams like Tenn, Indy, and Philly where as we looked awefull! Don't get this vent wrong I love the Phins more than any team out there i'm just frustrated at how they seem to be digressing especially with the amount of talent they have...

Clajoie dude I have one word for you: Decaf

Relax man, no one is implying we shoudl take Kitna and not draft a young QB. But I think it would be foolish to draft a young QB and not have a veteran on staff as insurance in case the kid struggles and isn't ready.
I for one would rather have Kitna over Jay.

Originally posted by relive1972
Cincinatti isn't about to get rid of Kitna. It took them over a decade to find a QB they can win with, now they're letting him go? I think Marino was just using Kitna as an example of where you can get a QB to win with.

The Bengals will probably get rid of Kitna because they are probably going to start Carson Palmer, who was the #1 pick in the 2003 draft.

I hear ya but you gotta understand I watch the Sox crash every summer and the Phins every winter. It's enough to make your head spin. I think I would rather have David Woodley come out of retirement rather than Jay. No more QB controversies though and Feidler makes too much money as does Griese. Cut your losses bring in Brunell for short term success and draft a qb. Problem solved...

You have got to give Kitna credit. He overcame many obstacles and became a solid NFL QB, but if the Bengals release him after he had such a good year, that does not say to much about him. Even if Palmer starts, Kitna would be a Great reliable backup. I think they keep him.

I would highly doubt after last season that the Bengles will get rid of him. He may even start for another season if Palmer doesn't cut it. I just am not sold on his numbers just because he improved over one years time. He had awefull times reading defenses when he was in Seattle and originally in Cinn as well.

I agree, I think they keep him. No reason to get rid of a good QB for the sake of letting a young guy play.

What if Palmer just isn't ready yet?? You can never have enough good QBs.

Originally posted by clajoie_7
I hear ya but you gotta understand I watch the Sox crash every summer and the Phins every winter. It's enough to make your head spin. I think I would rather have David Woodley come out of retirement rather than Jay. No more QB controversies though and Feidler makes too much money as does Griese. Cut your losses bring in Brunell for short term success and draft a qb. Problem solved...

David Woodley is dead.

Back
Top Bottom