marion barber in the 2nd | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

marion barber in the 2nd

les dauphins

jesus of suburbia
Reaction score
I think barber is the 4th best back in the draft and would consider us fortunate if he's still around for #46 but I would still like one of the big three and not gamble on a back in the second but if saban doesn't take one he better grab barber in the second I think all the others are projects or bums, Arrington and fason are overated and Gore isn't durable But Clarett in the 5th is also a good option

If we dont get one fo the top three, I would want Barber or Arrington....I feel btoh would be good fits in Miami. Then again who is to say Ricky hasnt agreed with Saban to come back, we are gonna have to wait it out. What do you guys think it will take to be convinced Ricky is coming back? anything?

les dauphins said:
I think barber is the 4th best back in the draft and would consider us fortunate if he's still around for #46 but I would still like one of the big three and not gamble on a back in the second but if saban doesn't take one he better grab barber in the second I think all the others are projects or bums, Arrington and fason are overated and Gore isn't durable But Clarett in the 5th is also a good option
Barber or Fason in the 2nd would be $$$$$$. :yes:

Just say no to Clarrett though. :shakeno:

Why no to Clarett 1rd talent in the 5th who cares about the other b/s believe every team who passes on him will be sorry

I love Barber but I'm sure plenty of NFL teams do also. He looks like a guy who invariably gets snagged very late 1st or very early 2nd. I don't see him available at #46.

I'm really REALLY hoping he's still there at 46 and that we take him at 46. All of the mocks and positional rankings lately seem to have him as the 8-10th back as of late, including Kyper. Hopefully he'll still be there for us at 46 or even 70. That would make my draft. No other picks would matter. :D

Good to see that everyone loves barber maybe saban reads these boards and gives us what we want

If he's a phin, he'll instantly become my favorite player in the league. If not, he'll instantly become my favorite non phin. I just hope he doesn't end up a Pat, Bill, or Jet. That will crush me. :eek:

les dauphins said:

Arrington, Morency, Moats, Fason....bums ??? I don't think so...This is a really deep draft for RBs...I'm sure I'm missing someone else, too ) Maybe Sproles. Not bums...Besides, I still think it'll be 3rd round for a RB unless we trade down to TB or even Washington where one of the big 3 guys might still be there. Especially if there are a couple of trades up besides us. Most teams interested in trading up aren't thinking about RB...

Most mocks have him going in the 3rd or later. Like ive said before he is the most underrated player in this draft IMO. I'd prefer to see us pick him in the 3rd and draft Shazor with the #46.

Mel Kiper has Barber ranked 9th among RBs. and has him as a 4th rounder. The Sporting News has him ranked 10th among RBs, and says he could go late on Day 1 of the draft. USA Today has him ranked 11th among RBs, and has him as a 4th rounder. It would seem like quite a reach to take him in round 2.

Back
Top Bottom