Marion, Freeman..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marion, Freeman.....

Bodzilla29

The Shiznit
Reaction score
What happens if either of these guys gets hurt this year? We would be in real trouble. Do we really want to rely on Gamble or McGarrahan to play signifigant snaps on defense?

Woodson is on the bubble and will likely be cut after June 1. All other safeties under contract are longshots to make the roster.

I hope some young player steps up, like Shields, but I'm not sure if he has the instincts to play the position.

Ray Green better be a keeper!!!!

Marion, can you get Richie off of Joanie?!

I expect we'll have to live w/some combination of Gamble, Magarrahan, Omare Lowe, S Shields and Wooden are the backups and hope the 2 starters do not get hurt. That's not too bad compared to other teams we're just lots deeper elsewhere.

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
Dolphins39, not all of those players are going to be on our 53 man roster, that is the problem.
I know.

here are the no-brainers:
  • Sam
  • Pat
  • Fletch
  • Brock
  • Arturo

here are the most likely - these are the guys to worry / watch in pre-season:
  • Ray Green
  • Gamble
  • McGarrahan

here are the bubble guys or maybe there is 1 spot for all of them guys:

• Omare Lowe
  • Scott Shields
  • Del Brown

I like that analysis, but I would slide Ray Green down to a bubble guy. One QB camp simply is not enough to give a roster spot. Remember a few years ago, after one of these mini-camps JJ said if the season had started that weekend Kirby Dar Dar would be a starter at WR. See what happened to Dar Dar. I hope Green comes through, you know that, but I will have my doubts until the hitting really starts!!!!!

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
I like that analysis, but I would slide Ray Green down to a bubble guy. One QB camp simply is not enough to give a roster spot. Remember a few years ago, after one of these mini-camps JJ said if the season had started that weekend Kirby Dar Dar would be a starter at WR. See what happened to Dar Dar. I hope Green comes through, you know that, but I will have my doubts until the hitting really starts!!!!!
you have a good point and throw our favorite JJ #1 in there are well :rolleyes: , just going by DCHs camp analysis, but Green has a long way to go to solidify a spot.

Ya, those reports are great. I really hope he builds on his strong showing and takes his game to the next level. I just hope he isn't Quentin Spotwood, circa 2002.

He has a chance to solidify our S position if he continues to play well, and I am VERY excited about that possibility.

You guys are amazing with these memories of yours. Kirby Dar Dar? Quinton Spotwood? damn, tell me the guy we picked up in 1989 as a college free agent who was a mini camp star at CB, and then just flopped out during TC...what was his name again? lolol

I am just kidding...I wish I had a memory like that. :(

remember Brian Manning WR Stanford - he was even good in pre-season and then nothing....

McGarrahan is a lock for one of those backup slots unless he really stumbles there because they gave him a 3 year contract. So he will be a ST's guy who plays the backup position like Izzo did at LB.

Back
Top Bottom