Marion released; which does what? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marion released; which does what?

Ya but that hurts our defense.... hopefully we have some good players to bring in there

Marion is in decline. Freeman was re-signed to take over at FS. He has much better range. The question is whether or not he has the instincts be the quarterback of the secondary.

Honestly, I think Marion has been living on reputation for much of the past two years (much like Madison, but that will be saved for another thread.)

He hasn't done much to deserve his spot here, and has been burned FAAAAR too many times by being out of position of biting on playfakes. Freeman won't be much of a dropoff in his natural FREE safery position rather than us forcing him into the SS role, and I am sure we will bring in some competition for him at the spot.

There is a REASON Marion received ZERO interest when we released him two years ago in the free agency market. He doesn't deserve the money he was scheduled to make and it is time to start finding players that PLAY, rather than live off their name.

Originally posted by grooves12
Honestly, I think Marion has been living on reputation for much of the past two years (much like Madison, but that will be saved for another thread.)

He hasn't done much to deserve his spot here, and has been burned FAAAAR too many times by being out of position of biting on playfakes. Freeman won't be much of a dropoff in his natural FREE safery position rather than us forcing him into the SS role, and I am sure we will bring in some competition for him at the spot.

There is a REASON Marion received ZERO interest when we released him two years ago in the free agency market. He doesn't deserve the money he was scheduled to make and it is time to start finding players that PLAY, rather than live off their name.

Good post. I agree. Our defense seems to choke in the clutch. We need people out there to change that.

Two words....

Yeremiah Bell

..."Bell was a monster on the field last season. He racked up 86 tackles, six interceptions, three forced fumbles, 15 deflections, and two blocked punts. Not too bad for a former walk-on from the small town of Winchester...."

LINK

not to be pessimistic but that's from his Junior season in college....

Originally posted by jbond
not to be pessimistic but that's from his Junior season in college....

True. Unfortunately, he didn't have a senior season (Not unlike Ogunleye). We used a sixth round compensatory draft pick on him knowing that he would likely need a full year to get back to form from his season ending injury.

Go Yeremiah! :tongue:

Yeremiah is in the same boat that Ogunleye was when he joined Miami. Injury plagued, but very solid talents and highly touted athletes before their injuries. Ogun was said to be high first rounder to a middle first and Yeremiah was said to be a very solid first day pick.

Makes the defense quicker.

I think Freeman will come in and play well.

Back
Top Bottom