Mariota: Everything's There But the Fire? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mariota: Everything's There But the Fire?

whoever takes foles and pays him like a franchise qb is gonna regret it

Anybody that pays Tom Brady with legs more than about $9/hour is gonna regret it. The truth is Ryan Tannehill isn't close to being as good as Nick Foles.

I'm not sure about Mariota at this stage. I really liked him initially and thought Oregon was a year late moving him to starter. Late last season I began to sour on him. Given Oregon's 2014 schedule I knew he'd recover his reputation if he decided to stay, which he wisely did.

I like Mariota but am not sold on him. He's had so much talent around him its hard to decipher.

The college QB's that fit Lazor's system I like are...

1) Hundley Ucla
2) Taylor Kelly Az St
3) Jeremy Johnson (Soph) who is the backup at Auburn
4) Travis Wilson Utah I'm biased. Honestly, he is a day 2 pick and will be a bit of a project.

I like Mariota but am not sold on him. He's had so much talent around him its hard to decipher.

The college QB's that fit Lazor's system I like are...

1) Hundley Ucla
2) Taylor Kelly Az St
3) Jeremy Johnson (Soph) who is the backup at Auburn
4) Travis Wilson Utah I'm biased. Honestly, he is a day 2 pick and will be a bit of a project.

Lazor will be a QB coach in the NFL or a college OC next fall...

Hundley is my favorite QB. He has that "it" factor. 15 year starter.

Hundley is my favorite QB. He has that "it" factor. 15 year starter.

Agreed. You knew there would be a moment when the lights would come on this season... it just happened to be at halftime last night.

I like the kid @ UAz (Solomon ?) too but he's only a freshman.

Hundley has the ability to run but never takes that direct RGIII shot and just seems to bounce off without much of a hit.

Mariota scares me. Something is missing. Maybe a lot.

I don't pretend to be a draft expert, but is Mariota really a first round quarterback? I understand that teams will always reach for quarterbacks who have great talent and potential, but he honestly looks to me like he is going to need to develop for a couple of years.

I don't pretend to be a draft expert, but is Mariota really a first round quarterback? I understand that teams will always reach for quarterbacks who have great talent and potential, but he honestly looks to me like he is going to need to develop for a couple of years.

Yeah I think he is. But the #1 overall predictions are absurd. I've been saying I think he'll be a little better than Kaepernick. But Kaep has a way better arm. Mariota won't throw as many picks but will fumble more. You also have to play to his strengths. You at least have to put him in a WCO and mix in some zone read and spread concepts, like how Seattle has used Russell. I would probably go full on spread like PHI/MIA. You can't force a square peg into a round hole. He's smart about getting down and getting out of bounds so I don't think he'll be in the shop much. But you definitely have to tailor your offense to his strengths.

Is Mariota going to be a top 10 quarterback, ever? I say no. But can he be a pretty good or good starter in the right system? Yes.

Back
Top Bottom