Mark Brunell vs. Patrick Ramsey

Which one?

• Mark Brunell

Votes: 15 35.7%
  • Patrick Ramsey

Votes: 27 64.3%

• Total voters
Ramsey's less than average numbers

I don't like making excuses for NFL athletes, but his offensive line was horrible and the man took alot of shots. All I'm thinkin is that he might be productive behind a solid O-Line, otherwise, those numbers in that link - those are what you're gonna get.

296 of 564 for a completion percentage of %52.5. 3705 yards and a passing rating of 74.2. - All carrer numbers.

Something tells me that Ramsey is still maturing into his own, which is probably why Gibbs is going after Brunell, which is also why I would rather not have him in Miami for what he would cost.

I chose Brunell, I think he gives us the best oppertunity to win now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ramsey by far. Brunell is getting old. Ramsey is only 24 and will be one of the best QB's in the league within a year or so. He was a first rounder and showed his potential last year.

The only bad thing I see in him:
He gets injured very often (can't tell if that's because of him or Washingtons O-Line)

He is very tough and is an excellent running QB. He was often referred to when he played as the toughest QB in football this year.

Oh thank you for your intelligent post that explains everything to us.

Originally posted by Gonk
Ramsey by far. Brunell is getting old. Ramsey is only 24 and will be one of the best QB's in the league within a year or so. He was a first rounder and showed his potential last year.

The only bad thing I see in him:
He gets injured very often (can't tell if that's because of him or Washingtons O-Line)

He is very tough and is an excellent running QB. He was often referred to when he played as the toughest QB in football this year.

Let me first off start by saying as much as I like the idea of the 'Skins getting Brunnel I would be sick as a dog if we traded Ramsey, i see brunnel as a guy for the next two years for us.

As for Ramsey getting injured, he has been injured once and then got knocked silly by Jason Taylor in our game vs the Dolphins. The injury he had (a fracture in his foot) was the result of an old college injury that was reagrivated.

He is tough, in a way, too tough for his own good which is why he gets hit so often (he was the same in college). he has trouble with his reads and this is also the reason he had trouble getting hit a lot, whilst the OL wasn't great, some of it was on him as well.

Well the thing I see over in Washington was not so much the OL itself but the protection schemes...Spurrier refused to protect the kid. At all. I mean you got Chris Samuels and Jon Jansen protecting at the tackle spots I think its hard to get better than that. And if Ramsey's completion percentage is a bit low, well he the only starting Ramsey ever did (and did too soon if you ask me) was in Spurrier's fun'n'gun system of pushing the ball downfield and not protecting the QB.

And if Ramsey never dumped to the RBs, how do we know that also wasn't product of the system? Spurrier's tenure in the NFL was kind of an embarrassment...and part of the attraction of getting spurrier in the first place was seeing if his offense works in the NFL. It didn't. And Ramsey I don't think was the problem.

BTW there's a puzzle to be solved out. Both Ramsey and JP Losman come from Tulane. Ramsey is criticized for taking too many sacks in a system that refuses to protect the QB, and Losman this year was sacked a very high amount behind a shoddy offensive line. Perhaps both need some coaching a bit to solve the problem but there's nothing to suggest the problem is not able to be solved.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
And if Ramsey never dumped to the RBs, how do we know that also wasn't product of the system?

No, he reads the field slowly, when we had Shane Matthews at QB, and even Tim Hassleback, they hit the backs regularly, the RB is usually the 3rd or 4th read and Ramsey takes a lot of time to get to that read.

Back
Top Bottom