Mark Dixon | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mark Dixon

Canuck

Starter
Reaction score
Any word on the heath of this guy?

I suspect that he'll be a post June 1st cut because of the salary cap but if he's retained, is it possible he'll be available to push for playing time at G or T in 04'? I don't trust him to get out of bed without hurting himself but if (and that's a big if) he can stay healthy, can we expect him to contribute next year?

We could do a lot worse than having Dixon back up at LT, LG and RG IMO. Ruddy, if he'd agree to accept a paycut to the veteran minimum, would be a great veteran back-up too.

Thoughts?

Actually if Dixon is willing to stay as a backup they would keep him there. I think it's really up to Dixon because if they stay they'd have some depth at LT and if he retires well then his entire salary is off the books instead of having to keep additional cap charges.

Dixon backup? LOL!!!

He is one of the better lineman around the league when healthy.
Dixon would start but the question is will he remain healthy and would he even comeback?

ive been quietly hopin with Wade Smith becoming our LT, that Dixon would be excited to get back to playing Guard.

If hes healthy (especially after a whole year of rehabbing) and able to play one of the guard spots, it would make me feel alot more comfortable about our OL situation.

LT - Smith
LG - Dixon
C - McKinney
RG - Nails/Perry/FA or one of those young guys...
RT - Resign Wade or Sign FA

It would be one less question mark, which is always good when you have 3 question marks for 5 positions...

Amin

Amin..We want to IMPROVE our O-line, not keep it status quo. Status quo in this case is one of the worst in the league.

It's up to him to come back and compete, but the Dolphins won't bet anything on him playing again.

Cutting him is a small gain, but ya that is what they will do.

Dixon totally screwed us last year. Anyone remember when he was "projected" to be ready for Week 1 against the Texans? What bullcrap.

We drafted Wade Smith to be a back-up because we were told that Dixon would be ready for 03. We ended up having to start a rookie the entire season.

Cut this guy now and collect the money.

I think he is retiring anyway so as VanDolPhan said that saves us the most money.

Besides just draft a smart C in the sixth or seventh round. He can do not much worse than Ruddy did with all his holding and the no running room he gave.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan

I'd rather he retire. Takes the full amount off the salary cap.

yeah dixon was our best Olinemen. two years ago. he wanted to retire but becuase our LT spot was insecure, we talked him into staying. This year should be different especially if we end up with brunell. Another reason we need to draft Olinemen more than anything.

Originally posted by Jaj
Besides just draft a smart C in the sixth or seventh round. He can do not much worse than Ruddy did with all his holding and the no running room he gave.

i actually thought ruddy played well this year. more so than Perry and Nails. last year seemed to be Perry and Nails year. its a wonder how that happens. Ruddy makes the most and can save us the most and that is why i think he is gone. But i dont know whats in Spielmans plans.

also, we have what is believed to be a capable replacement for ruddy, in mckinney, so it would make the most sense, cap wise, and replacement wise to dump ruddy first.

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
also, we have what is believed to be a capable replacement for ruddy, in mckinney, so it would make the most sense, cap wise, and replacement wise to dump ruddy first.

yeah but, mckinney played center this year and didnt do so well as when he played G. thats what i wonder about with mckinney. he was supposed to be better than his brother but so far i havent seen it.

No his brother is better and that is what they said. His brother is stronger.

Back
Top Bottom