Mark Malone is a Goofball | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mark Malone is a Goofball

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
On espn2's show NFL 2 Night this evening they did a profile on the Dolphins. Salisburry and Schellerth were talking about how the Colts d is smaller and could be pushed around, then Mark chimed in with the fact that the last time Feidler played a Dungy coached defense he threw 4 ints. Besides the fact that their was a monsoon in south Florida that day, he completely ignored the fact that Indy doesn't have 1 tenth of the talent the Bucs had that year. I am sick of hearing how much Dungy will help this d this year. Dungy is not a genius in schemeing and making a tough d with out the players. He is not a Billicheck or a John Fox that will show you a lot of different looks that will keep the offense off guard. He plays a simple scheme that relys on players that are just better athletes. He doesn't have a Warren Sapp, Derrick Brooks, John Lynch and so on in Indy. He also doesn't have the luxury of being able to bring his SS up to stop the run, since his corners are week, and his front four can't generate a cosistent pass rush. Look for Chambers, Gadsen, and McMichael to have a huge day if he is forced to bring 8 in the box to stop RW.

Originally posted by Dajesus
On espn2's show NFL 2 Night this evening they did a profile on the Dolphins. Salisburry and Schellerth were talking about how the Colts d is smaller and could be pushed around, then Mark chimed in with the fact that the last time Feidler played a Dungy coached defense he threw 4 ints. Besides the fact that their was a monsoon in south Florida that day, he completely ignored the fact that Indy doesn't have 1 tenth of the talent the Bucs had that year. I am sick of hearing how much Dungy will help this d this year. Dungy is not a genius in schemeing and making a tough d with out the players. He is not a Billicheck or a John Fox that will show you a lot of different looks that will keep the offense off guard. He plays a simple scheme that relys on players that are just better athletes. He doesn't have a Warren Sapp, Derrick Brooks, John Lynch and so on in Indy. He also doesn't have the luxury of being able to bring his SS up to stop the run, since his corners are week, and his front four can't generate a cosistent pass rush. Look for Chambers, Gadsen, and McMichael to have a huge day if he is forced to bring 8 in the box to stop RW.

I'll watch it later but let me guess, when he said it, it was when they were wrapping up the piece on the Dolphins?

Malone always throws in some useless stat at the end of the reports so people think he knows something about football.

You got it. How could you even compare the 2 squads? What a goofball!

Yeah, but I think Dungy still will do a lot for Indy. Lynch and Brooks weren't great players until he made them great players in his defense. And so far (pre-season and reg. season) they have not played well at all and it definately doesn't look like that old dreaded Tampa defense.

Originally posted by Dajesus
You got it. How could you even compare the 2 squads? What a goofball!

I KNEW IT!
When he talks i just wanna yell DUDE!! DO SOME RESEARCH BEFORE YOU SPEAK OUT LOUD!!!
:angry:

He needs:help:

I think they are good, but...

... but like so many national critics they can't keep track of everything on every team. What we see, odds are they can't see or pass it off to homerism. Until the Dolphins prove something in December and January face it guys we will suck to everyone.

Oliver...

Originally posted by chambers84
mark malone, chris mortenson, chris berman.....they all SUCK!!!!

Well guys, you must understand that Malone does that on each and every profile. It doesn't matter about the team. Why? Simple really. They must always paint a even picture so they don't show complete favoritism towards any one team. They'll give you the shine, and the dirt as well. Was his fact correct? Yes. Was it pointless? Yes. But they must toss in some shadows to make it somewhat even to other viewers perspective. Thats all. It doesn't mean squat. You all shoud know it by now.

dungy, the colts and defense.............

it will be a while before the colts defense looks good. the colts will be competitive enough though that they will win 10 games a year and not get high draft pics.

every time a buc defender is a f/a, they will be headed to play for dungy again. that is how he will build. it will take about 3 years for that team to be dominant on defense. and thats a big if. the so called "tony dungy defense" is overrated and needs a lot of big time warren sapp types to make it happen.

the good thing is, after this year, we won't play them for a long long time. so if he does make something out of that team, it won't effect us much.

:monkey: on saddam!!

The only thing MALONE ever talks about is the STEELERS!!! Or compare another player to a STEELER!! There's usually not a night he doesn't mention something about,yes you guessed it, THE STEELERS!!! MALONE SUCKS!!!!

Originally posted by chambers84
mark malone, chris mortenson, chris berman.....they all SUCK!!!!

ESPN sucks! if buffalo loses again this week, watch them, they will still say the bills are a team. all we can do is prvoe them wrong. and shut them up and then we will here alot about teh dolphins. it starts this sunday and then next week against the jets.

Malone also left out the fact that Jay hurt his throwing shoulder in that game and was throwing big time ducks. He already had an injured non throwing shoulder anyway. That game really pissed me off I hated Tampa because of all of the trash talking that went on in TC and really wanted to see the fins win that one.

Back
Top Bottom