Mark Walton, With Three Criminal Cases Pending, Gets A Tryout With The Miami Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mark Walton, With Three Criminal Cases Pending, Gets A Tryout With The Miami Dolphins

AL R

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Former University of Miami running back Mark Walton, cut by the Bengals in April his third arrest in less than three months, might get a second chance at pro football.

Walton was among the players trying out for the Dolphins during Friday’s rookie minicamp.

Walton’s status in the league is limbo after Miami-Dade cops arrested him on felony charges of carrying a concealed weapon, marijuana possession and reckless driving. That was the carnage from Walton’s high-speed car chase with cops on the night of March 12 in North Miami-Dade.Walton ran after police pulled him over — and even shrugged off a blast from a Taser — leaving behind a BMW containing 14 grams of marijuana, a 9mm carbine rifle and several fully loaded clips, according to police reports.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article230268064.html

Gaskin is the same style back with a clean record. I doubt he gets invited to training camp. I wouldn't mind seeing the Dolphins add a big bruising back to round out the group. If no decent options become available soon or in training camp, maybe the Dolphins should look at LeGarrett Blount. He knows the Patriots offense. They could use him a limited closer role. Down inside the 20, short yardage, or when they're looking to grind out the clock at the end of games.

If Walton was a starting caliber back teams would overlook those charges. But player fighting for a back of the roster spot or a practice squad job are not worth the distraction.

Just remember, we’re doing things the Patriots way now, everything will be ok, rolling my eyes.
Yeah, I feel the same way as everyone else about this. But I figure it is worth mentioning that the Patriots do take a flier on bad seeds periodically. They struck gold with the great WR Randy Moss, after he kicked around Minnesota, Oakland and Tennessee. Guys like LeGarrette Blount seem to work out in their system. Their locker room is so strong that sometimes it can bend those non-conformists into conformity and make them productive team members.

IMHO, ours is not, and its not worth pursuing until we build a team and a locker room … but hey, these coaches saw it work in New England, so who knows.

This decision has me scratching my head especially considering the effort this staff has made to bring in quality individuals. Sure, many of these guys have warts, but Walton's actions scream poor judgement.

I don't follow the ins and outs of the U, but I didn't realize the kid has such a checkered profile.

Back
Top Bottom