Marks Brothers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marks Brothers

Avalanche of Wins

Perennial All-Pro
Club Member
Reaction score
We need to get some H.O.F. consideration for our boys...saw an article while broswing the internet (sorry didnt think to link it at the time) about how clayton and duper blew the steelers duo right out of the water in all there combined career statistics...yet our boys dont get the love they did/do. im to lazy to come up with the actual statistics, but im sure someone will post them for all to see

With your title and av I would think you would post the stats

the last thing I heard about Duper (a few years ago) was he was trying to play Arena Football. I would think that would have killed him.

ok got time now. yje marks brothers combimed for 1,030 receptions 16,943 yards and 134 total td's....swann and stallworth had 873 catches 14,185 yards and 114 td's....

I deal with numbers all day via my job but at some point you've got to realize they are worthless in making individual comparisons. Swann and Stallworth were superior individually and as a group to Clayton and Duper. Canton got it right.

Now, if you want to evaluate stats then check out the Steeler numbers from the late '70s, when Bradshaw and the receivers were in their prime and it supposedly wasn't the conservative game plans of the first two Steeler titles. In the '78 and '79 Super Bowls Pittsburgh put up more than 30 points in each game with plenty of huge passing plays.

Now check out the regular season numbers. I distinctly remember Pittsburgh averaged more than 36 rushing attempts per game in at least one of those seasons of '78 and '79. That was brilliance on the part of Chuck Knoll and Shula was too dense to understand the significance of maintaining numbers like that when he had Marino and Clayton/Duper. Go back and look at our average rushing attempts and you'll find plenty of years in the mid 20s or less. The ignorance was driving me nuts but that's not a stat the mainstream media ever mentions so it wasn't front and center like it should have been.

When you appropriately run the ball 36 times per game the QB and the WRs will suffer in statistical comparisons, especially compared to the pantyhose passing teams. Someone on this board frequently knocks Troy Aikman in the statistical regard. Give me a break. That was the same scenario, great WRs but a smart utilization of Emmett and the gound game for 32+ carries per game.

claytonAndDuper said:
We need to get some H.O.F. consideration for our boys...saw an article while broswing the internet (sorry didnt think to link it at the time) about how clayton and duper blew the steelers duo right out of the water in all there combined career statistics...yet our boys dont get the love they did/do. im to lazy to come up with the actual statistics, but im sure someone will post them for all to see
I'm sure Superbowl rings came into consideration here

i agree. i dont feel like they get the respect they deserve though

LtDan662002 said:
I'm sure Superbowl rings came into consideration here

Super bowl rings are a team thing not a player thing. Dilfer has a ring, is he better than marino? kelly? the answer is NO!!!. so superbowl rings should play no part in H.O.F. selection

catapano said:
Duper Got Busted With Coke And Beat His Wife On A Regular Basis

Lawerence Taylor got busted for Crack several times and he beat hios wife also yet he is in the H.O.F. so what is your point?

godfater21 said:
Super bowl rings are a team thing not a player thing. Dilfer has a ring, is he better than marino? kelly? the answer is NO!!!. so superbowl rings should play no part in H.O.F. selection
I agree they should not consider it. But looking at Swan's and Stallworth's #'s compared to Duper and Clayton's....that may have been the deciding factor

godfater21 said:
Lawerence Taylor got busted for Crack several times and he beat hios wife also yet he is in the H.O.F. so what is your point?

LT is arguably the best defensive player of all time, Duper is nowhere near that offensively. In my opinion Duper and Clayton were good players who were made to look much better than they actually were by Marino.

Back
Top Bottom