Marlins sell out | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marlins sell out

I was trying to buy tickets online at 10:00am and I couldn't! Then I look on Ebay and see a bunch of tickets on sale for the games for 10 times the price! Great, just what we need.. a bunch of Red Sox or Yankee fans going to our home games like the cubs fans!! Something needs to be done, some laws or something about forbidding people to buy tickets online just to sell them to the home crowd at 10 times the price.

:angry:

Let's go Marlins! We are the best team in Florida in any sports, right now.

When the Marlins suck, no one notices Miami has a baseball team.

When the Marlins win, they are the big attraction.

Marlins fans are the most fairweather fans in sports history.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
When the Marlins suck, no one notices Miami has a baseball team.

When the Marlins win, they are the big attraction.

Marlins fans are the most fairweather fans in sports history.
Honestly, until about August, I hadn't watched a baseball game since the 97 series win...and this is my reason:

I was a Marlin fan the minute they came into existence..I was at the first game, and followed them all the way up to the World Series win...then Huizenga betrayed the baseball fanbase down here and immediately picked the team apart...I mean, my god, how long after the World Series did it take for Moises Alou to go...a month maybe?....It was disgraceful, and I was totally turned off by the sport. The Marlins of this year have nothing in common with the old team(except Mr. Marlin), but are equally exciting...They arent great, high-priced vets, just young kids making a great run....Their performance has revived the Marlin fanbase, and hopefully, hopefully, the owners will keep making an effort to win. Ownership was the reason for Marlin's horrid fanbase, now the new ownership has made moves(signing Urbina, Conine) that proves he wants this team to win, and the fans see that.

Exactly. And that's one reason why I'm glad the Red Sox didn't make it. John Henry is a big fat liar who doesn't deserve the Red Sox.

This current ownership group is far better and is actually dedicated to winning as opposed to deceiving the public and fattening their wallets.

Originally posted by Muck
Exactly. And that's one reason why I'm glad the Red Sox didn't make it. John Henry is a big fat liar who doesn't deserve the Red Sox.

This current ownership group is far better and is actually dedicated to winning as opposed to deceiving the public and fattening their wallets.

:lol:
I think you mean John Henry is a tall skinny liar

Ice, I agree... did the Marlins sell out a single regular season game? Or take attendance over 20000 for that matter? Gimme a break, Marlins make the playoffs and all the sudden Miami is a baseball town? I don't buy it. Go Yanks.

Originally posted by CirclingWagons

Honestly, until about August, I hadn't watched a baseball game since the 97 series win...and this is my reason:

I was a Marlin fan the minute they came into existence..I was at the first game, and followed them all the way up to the World Series win...then Huizenga betrayed the baseball fanbase down here and immediately picked the team apart...I mean, my god, how long after the World Series did it take for Moises Alou to go...a month maybe?....It was disgraceful, and I was totally turned off by the sport. The Marlins of this year have nothing in common with the old team(except Mr. Marlin), but are equally exciting...They arent great, high-priced vets, just young kids making a great run....Their performance has revived the Marlin fanbase, and hopefully, hopefully, the owners will keep making an effort to win. Ownership was the reason for Marlin's horrid fanbase, now the new ownership has made moves(signing Urbina, Conine) that proves he wants this team to win, and the fans see that.

Ah actually the Marlin is not the same either. Billy the Marlin, who is a favorite of the ESPN staff got fired in a contract dispute last year. So there is nothing in common with the 1987 team

Originally posted by MarinoFan4Life
Ice, I agree... did the Marlins sell out a single regular season game? Or take attendance over 20000 for that matter? Gimme a break, Marlins make the playoffs and all the sudden Miami is a baseball town? I don't buy it. Go Yanks.

The Marlins got a lot of people for Dontrelle Willis' starts during the season.

Back
Top Bottom