Matt light Has broken leg! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt light Has broken leg!

Matt Light was not very good to begin with. It's not nearly as bad as the loss of Harrison.

Didn't seem to hurt them that much. They are a system team, they plug in replacements and don't slip a beat, much. However, they are missing some x-factors and that's what will earn them some Ls.

hdjetta6316 said:
http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=104394

Boston Herald is reporting matt light has a broken bone somewhere below his knee! Timetable for his return is not available!!!!1

Yup, and they lost Rodney Harrison for the year. Take these two loses along with Bruschi and Johnson no longer at LB and issue are abound with NE.

these latest two are as big as you could have (aside for Brady).

No clear leader on D now, lose Brushci & Harrison and that equals losing two of the smartest decision makers to adjust the D and get teammates in proper position, etc. The little things could start to effect them from play to play.

Disgustipate said:
Matt Light was not very good to begin with. It's not nearly as bad as the loss of Harrison.

yeah, your right anyone could play at left tackle and not miss a beat. please... :lol:

Dolphins_SR66 said:
Yup, and they lost Rodney Harrison for the year. Take these two loses along with Bruschi and Johnson no longer at LB and issue are abound with NE.

these latest two are as big as you could have (aside for Brady).

No clear leader on D now, lose Brushci & Harrison and that equals losing two of the smartest decision makers to adjust the D and get teammates in proper position, etc. The little things could start to effect them from play to play.

The beginning of the end. how sweet it is..... :lol:

If he was not that good, he would not be the starting LT on this team. He had to be pretty good to be entrusted with protecting Brady's blind side.

HelloMotto said:
yeah, your right anyone could play at left tackle and not miss a beat. please... :lol:

It's a matter of coaching. You do realize that everytime Matt Light has played basically anyone with even marginal speed or talent he's had Daniel Graham parked next to him to help out, right?

Light is big if you figure that the left side of their line hat 2 rookies on it. Brady is not that good when he gets rattled.

I know Guss scott, and that guy can play. He is not the smartest player in the NFL, but from my days at florida watching him from the sidelines you get one thing from him. He loves the big hit. Don't expect a loss from their Run D. Expect it more to come from their Pass D now that harrison is gone. I really wonder now who will make their Defensive calls? I'm thinking eugene wilson, or mike vrabel.

Disgustipate said:
It's a matter of coaching. You do realize that everytime Matt Light has played basically anyone with even marginal speed or talent he's had Daniel Graham parked next to him to help out, right?

fine, so now its a backup to Light who is playing next to Graham. Tell me would you rather have the starter in Light or his backup if your NE?

The reason a backup is a backup is no matter how bad you think the starter is you have to question what the backup lacks not to beat him out.

So the loss of your starting LT on any team is significant.

Now Billy B pulled a rabbit out of his hat last year with a WR at CB, but these injuries are clearly going to test him and the team as a whole.....it all ads up to big big losses of personnel.

I dont think brown can move over this year. Him, givens and branch are quietly having a pretty good season. I don't think they will pull him unless they have a viable replacement.

The Door to the AFC EAST is opening for us with all these injuries taking place(pats-Harrison&Light,Jets-Pennington&Fieldler,Bills-T.Spikes),now we just need to take care of our own business one game at a time.In Saban I trust!

Matt Light is a very underrated LT. How many guys do you see get a clean shot at Brady from the blind side? Very few, and yet Light matches up one on one with guys like JT, Abraham and Dwight Freeney regularly. If he's injured, that's a major loss for the Pats.

Disgustipate said:

Tell that to Jason Taylor who he has pretty much owned.

Starting a rookie on O-line is always a risk and Light was a good player. This could hurt a lot more than most people are giving it credit for.

Back
Top Bottom