Matt Moore to the Jets? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Moore to the Jets?

All they'd have to do is sign Lex Hilliard to play fullback and they'd be on their way to the 2011 Dolphins. One owner, barely used and never dented...

If we get bunch more ex - fins up there maybe Ross will sell the Dolphins and buy the Jets and take Philbin with him.

if they want to win they should sign him. will he take them to the playoffs? probly not, but they would have great improvement.

Class act, great dude, but not a QB that is going to take a team anywhere past a 8-8, 9-6 max season. When Moore was our starter, his biggest issue was playing well in clutch situations at the end of games. He was not good at all!

I hope the Jets do sign Matt Moore. It means they will have another qb that shouldn't be starting in nfl. It's like buffalo trading for Matt Cassell neither of those guys are anything to be worried about.

I think its great that matt moore gets to be reunited with Brandon marshall. I mean those two got along so well the first time.

Class act, great dude, but not a QB that is going to take a team anywhere past a 8-8, 9-6 max season. When Moore was our starter, his biggest issue was playing well in clutch situations at the end of games. He was not good at all!

I don't think we have had a big enough sample size of Moore as the starter to come to that determination.

Truth is, looking back at 2011, you have to commend the job he did (even if his solid play took us out of the Andrew Luck sweepstakes). Remember this was a team that started 0-7.

Moore went 7-5 as the starer (finishing the season 7-3). We did lose 4 games by 3 points or less with Moore as the QB (meaning 10 of Moore's 12 starts we either won or lost by 3 points or less). . . but he also put up 3 30 burgers on teams that year.

You also see things like "17 of 23 for 244 yards and 3 touchdowns" or "Matt Moore was 16 of 32 with 281 yards and 3 touchdowns" or "10 of 20 for 217 yards and 2 touchdowns" . . . Matt Moore was throwing it down field with some real good success. He ended with a top 12 QB rating that season.

Truth is, Matt Moore more than earned a shot of being the starter in 2012 . . . . but Jeff Ireland got another lifeline from Ross and made a public push for a QB, via a Peyton Manning chase and drafting one in the first round. In a sense he was deflecting blame from his failures (personnel and coaches) on the lack of a QB. He needed to buy time to get to 2013 where he had "picks and money" and drafting a first round QB would give him the best chance of doing that as struggles would be expected and Ross wouldn't be "as quick" to pull the trigger on a firing. It worked out for him but being typical Jeff, he ****ed us over in the end with a lackluster draft and major free agent busts from 2013.

If Matt Moore starts in 2012 and Dolphins have the same season they had with Tannehill . . . there is a great chance Jeff Ireland is fired then and a new GM takes control of the 2013 offseason.

Alas, it is what it is, we are invested in RT17 and hopefully he can lead us to great things. I wish Matt Moore well though . . . did everything that was asked of him while being here in Miami and hopefully we can find a younger and cheaper backup with him out of the picture.

Marshall was so disrespectful to Moore years ago.

Funny, this too sounds like an accurate description of Tannehill thus far.

Funny, this too sounds like an accurate description of Tannehill thus far.
Whats really funny is when I read his post, I knew YOU would post this one...

I'd rather Moore than them trading for Foles any day of the week.

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

Ross Tucker wa saying Cutler may go to the jets. Seems legit seeing how much money the jets have and the Cutler Marshall connection. If MM did go there, I wouldn't want him to do good since he's a jet. If he went to another division I wouldn't mind so much.

This would be even better lmao.

I don't think we have had a big enough sample size of Moore as the starter to come to that determination.

Truth is, looking back at 2011, you have to commend the job he did (even if his solid play took us out of the Andrew Luck sweepstakes). Remember this was a team that started 0-7.

Moore went 7-5 as the starer (finishing the season 7-3). We did lose 4 games by 3 points or less with Moore as the QB (meaning 10 of Moore's 12 starts we either won or lost by 3 points or less). . . but he also put up 3 30 burgers on teams that year.

You also see things like "17 of 23 for 244 yards and 3 touchdowns" or "Matt Moore was 16 of 32 with 281 yards and 3 touchdowns" or "10 of 20 for 217 yards and 2 touchdowns" . . . Matt Moore was throwing it down field with some real good success. He ended with a top 12 QB rating that season.

Truth is, Matt Moore more than earned a shot of being the starter in 2012 . . . . but Jeff Ireland got another lifeline from Ross and made a public push for a QB, via a Peyton Manning chase and drafting one in the first round. In a sense he was deflecting blame from his failures (personnel and coaches) on the lack of a QB. He needed to buy time to get to 2013 where he had "picks and money" and drafting a first round QB would give him the best chance of doing that as struggles would be expected and Ross wouldn't be "as quick" to pull the trigger on a firing. It worked out for him but being typical Jeff, he ****ed us over in the end with a lackluster draft and major free agent busts from 2013.

If Matt Moore starts in 2012 and Dolphins have the same season they had with Tannehill . . . there is a great chance Jeff Ireland is fired then and a new GM takes control of the 2013 offseason.

Alas, it is what it is, we are invested in RT17 and hopefully he can lead us to great things. I wish Matt Moore well though . . . did everything that was asked of him while being here in Miami and hopefully we can find a younger and cheaper backup with him out of the picture.

He has quite a sample size. He wasn't put behind Garrard and then a rookie just because of nothing

Matt moores had plenty of chances to announce himself with his play as a quality nfl starter and not stop gap or backup career level...and at no point has he done it

I dont much care if he goes to the jets he doesnt scare me in the least but with our d the home stretch of 2014 any damn qb could make hay the way it played and so him leading a victory over us would not shock me in the least...we make ehh to ok to even marginal qbs look like all pros

Back
Top Bottom