Matt Roth 'Update' | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Roth 'Update'

the dolphins still should have kept adewale ogunleye, wale is a good player, and got good stats due to jason getting double-teamed, wale fits in better in miami than he does in chicago, plus we dont even need marty booker, we have vick, we have wes, chris, randy, plus you can use travis minor as a WR.

we couldn't afford him

Matt Roth is already one of the better run blocking DE's in the league. He improved so much from season 1-2, I can't wait to see what he brings to the table next year.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember a play in the Jets game where Roth flipped over to JT's side and just bullrushed Ferguson into Pennington. Unfortunately Chad had released the ball a second earlier or he might have gotten eaten alive. I think it might have been the 3rd down conversion to Washington on their TD drive if I recall. Anyone remember that?

the dolphins still should have kept adewale ogunleye, wale is a good player, and got good stats due to jason getting double-teamed, wale fits in better in miami than he does in chicago, plus we dont even need marty booker, we have vick, we have wes, chris, randy, plus you can use travis minor as a WR.

Stay off whatever your on.

From what i could see, it looks like they put Roth at DT next to Taylor to take advantage of the double teams a few times this year. So Roth can use his bull-rush. Or that may have been a 3-4 scheme and Taylor was a "free man". Either way they caused alot of trouble in NE.

No.

First of all, Miami trading Adewale Ogunleye for Marty Booker and a 3rd was highway ****ing robbery, with Miami as the clear winner. Ogunleye has had 21.5 sacks over the past 3 seasons, and is a rotational player in Chicago, playing for big money.

David Bowens, Ogunleye's replacement has had 18 sacks in that time, for a whole lot smaller paycheck in alot less playing time. When you add in the production of what Kevin Carter and Matt Roth has done from the LDE spot since then, it's not even marginally close.

Second of all, Ogunleye DOES NOT fit the Dolphins defense better then the Bears. They Bears play a tampa-2 style defense, where they have two small defensive ends on the field every down. Miami does not, as they have one small pass rush end and a big "base" end. Ogunleye wouldnt be a linebacker here either, and Saban has shown no interest in having a converted DE play opposite JT.

Roth cannot be the 3-4 DT. To think otherwise is a joke. He should turn out to be a solid DE starting opposite JT next year (hopefully). Whenever I've seen him play, hes played like a monster, a man possessed. I am looking forward to see what he can do when he starts. If we loose Traylor, we need to sign another big body; the man has been a huge reason why our run D has been so good and he is a perfect 3-4 DT.
:dolphins:

matt roth got burned on that screen against NY, the little rb from the jets ran past him like if he was standing still

This Season In Limited Playing Time:

Tackles: 33
Sacks: 3.5
FF: 3

Ive been a huge Roth fan since the second we drafted him. Its nice to see these numbers in the little time he has had playing. I think if Carter leaves, Roth could have a breakout season next year. :-)

Just an update....
I didn't know he could foce many fumbles like that

Matt Roth is a beast last Monday against the Jets every time he was in the game he was bullying whoever was blocking him and pushing him into the quarterback.

Roth is a beast and he'll get better.

First of all, Miami trading Adewale Ogunleye for Marty Booker and a 3rd was highway ****ing robbery

Weren't we offered a first fpr him by some teams?

Back
Top Bottom