Matt Schaub | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Schaub

We are willing to trade him he is a RFA but to get him it will cost a 1st and a 3rd.

I've never been impressed by Schaub. I wouldn't give up a 3rd round pick for him, let alone a 1st and a 3rd.

Well, if you've never heard it, it must not be true...
I said this on another thread and will reiterate. Willis McGahee and Frank Gore looked average their first year back from ACL recovery. Year 2 they took over as starters, and the guys they split carries with were TRADED. Year 2 is the key in these injuries. Name 1 NFL player in the last 10 years who has NOT come back from ACL injury. Cpep will be 100% in 2007 season, and the 2nd rounder we gave up for him will look like a steal.

Hmm... I never thought about it this way totally forgot about Gore and McGahee, I like you optimism.

love Matt Schaub, but with Jim Mora Jr gone (Michael Vick's biggest supporter), Schaub's value probably just got much higher in Atlanta, no matter who the incoming coach is.

of course, with that butterfingered receiving corps, Schaub wont fare much better than Vick.

I thought that Mora preferred Schaub. And between that and gettn under the skin of blank were the reasons for his departure.

No, Matt Schaub is not a very impressive QB. He's played well in stretches when the Falcons are being BLOWN out, or against second stringers. But i wouldn't trade what the Falcons want for their over valued backup. From what we've seen he's mediocre at best. We already have had PLENTY of mediocre QB's.

yah im of the opinion that we just dont have and havnt had a good offensive system. or the right one.

Seeing the success Brian Griese, Damon Huard and AJ Feeley have had elsewhere I dont think there's a question that its our system over the past 5 seasons. When it was just Griese you could say he was the exception. I dont think you can anymore. Perhaps Harrington, Culpepper or Lemon can be very good with the right type of offensive mind calling the shots. Its clear to me that its impossible to effectively evaluate our offensive talent with any certainty until we have a scheme that is modern and effective

I think Jim Mora preferred him over Vick, but Blank wouldn't have it. That and the Washington comment helped get Mora fired. I don't think Schaub would cost as much as people think. The Falcons either trade him this year, or lose him next year for nothing and no one is giving up a 1st rd pick for him. They would probably settle on our 2nd and we certainly can't do any worse than what we got for some of our previous 2nd's (Feeley and Culpepper).

Watch the footage of Culpepper getting off the plane in Birmingham and being told Saban left the team. You tell me if he looks gimpy.

Walking off a plane is a bit different than running from LB's. He didn't look gimpy in preseason talking to the press and that certainly wasn't the case during the season.

adamprez2003 said:
Seeing the success Brian Griese, Damon Huard and AJ Feeley have had elsewhere I dont think there's a question that its our system over the past 5 seasons. When it was just Griese you could say he was the exception. I dont think you can anymore. Perhaps Harrington, Culpepper or Lemon can be very good with the right type of offensive mind calling the shots. Its clear to me that its impossible to effectively evaluate our offensive talent with any certainty until we have a scheme that is modern and effective

I definitely agree. It seemed Culpepper was best under Linehan and unfortunately, he's gone and won't be back. Since Linehan left, Culpepper's been through 2 horrendous seasons. Of course, you can say he was injured, but so too is Carson Palmer. We had something going with Linehan before St. Louis snapped him up. If Saban had given the Rams the boot and allowed us to keep Linehan, I think we'd have seen a much better offensive production.

Keep our Draft Picks....draft a qb late if available...it's time to rebuild the "O" & "D" lines, & secondary this time around.

Back
Top Bottom