Max Starks would be great 2nd first round pick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Max Starks would be great 2nd first round pick

finfan54

Active Roster
Reaction score
Max Starks would be great 2nd round pick

Did anyone notice Starks yesterday? I thought the mammoth OT used his hands very well and moved great for a big guy at LT. Long arms and uses them well. I think he will be worth more to us than some WR who cant seperate himself from the rest of the pack. WR's are many people. But good Mammoth linemen are not!!!!!! A guy like Starks is an instant starter on this line whether it be LT or RT (probably RT since fins say that smith is staying right where he is at).

But for all you brunell people, this would be an excellent move cus he would be brunells LT on the right side! AM i smart or what?:cool:

I'm not sure he's a 1st round talent. But he sure is big and strong. 87 inch wingspan. I'd read that he had trouble this week with the athletic DEs and that he was stiff. Didn't focus on him during the game though (I was pretty much developing a man-crush on Rivers). :rofl: So I think I'd want him only at RT if he were here.

Originally posted by Muck
I'm not sure he's a 1st round talent. But he sure is big and strong. 87 inch wingspan. I'd read that he had touble this week with the athletic DEs and that he was stiff. Didn't focus on him during the game though (I was pretty much developing a man-crush on Rivers). :rofl: So I think I'd want him only at RT if he were here.

Muck, watch you own clips. He rules!

Starks is also a player who doesn't play to his size.

He's a second day prospect. Definitely not a first round pick, and definitely not better than either Wade Smith or Todd Wade.

Originally posted by KBISBACK
Starks is also a player who doesn't play to his size.

He's a second day prospect. Definitely not a first round pick, and definitely not better than either Wade Smith or Todd Wade.

What mock drafts you lookin at KB? not even first day? And dude is big, what exactly do you mean cant play to his size? nothing he did yesterday was bad at LT. And im not saying he is a LT necessarily, im saying he is RT for us cus of Smith.

can i get some Gator fans to chime in? whaddaya know?

Originally posted by finfan54
Muck, watch you own clips. He rules!

Check out the clip I added on Page 3(?). The one where Rivers takes a nice shot on a deep throw.

Max Stark

The Only problem is the Dolphins don't have a second round choice. The Dolphins will probably take an OL in the 3rd round depending on who is still there>

Re: Max Stark

Originally posted by OneHondo
The Only problem is the Dolphins don't have a second round choice. The Dolphins will probably take an OL in the 3rd round depending on who is still there>

yeah i screwed that up. what it was suppose to say originally was with a second first round pick, not a second round pick (through Ogun).

Originally posted by Muck

Check out the clip I added on Page 3(?). The one where Rivers takes a nice shot on a deep throw.

yep, thats what i mean, there is a whole lot going on there besides rivers throw long. I think Starks has the tools for the next level.

I know i heard some folks mention starks before, but i wasnt sure of him but i think the boy has defenite potential. you cant beat those long arms and big frame. If he gets beat a little outside, he uses his arms to push out just enough. If you have rivers who knows how to step up, i think that issue is somewhat irrelevant.

I wouldn't be unhappy if we took Nat Dorsey the junior. He is a bit better than Starks, and no he is not rawer.

Originally posted by Jaj
I wouldn't be unhappy if we took Nat Dorsey the junior. He is a bit better than Starks, and no he is not rawer.

Or dummerer! :lol: Im J/K Jaj.

I would rather to pick Stephen Peterman from LSU (#72), he was the RG playing for the South yesterday....

He did an excellent job staying with his guy throughout the game, both in run block as well as pass protection. Would pick him over Starks any day...

Check him on the clips that Muck graciously posted for us....

GOOO FIIINZ

:cooldude: "The Future so Bright I go to Wear Shades"

Originally posted by Disnardo
I would rather to pick Stephen Peterman from LSU (#72), he was the RG playing for the South yesterday....

He did an excellent job staying with his guy throughout the game, both in run block as well as pass protection. Would pick him over Starks any day...

Check him on the clips that Muck graciously posted for us....

GOOO FIIINZ

:cooldude: "The Future so Bright I go to Wear Shades"

I think they all played well together. And you might not be off on Peterman cus we like to draft out of the SEC.

Yes the phins have something strange with their scouting. It seems like their two biggest scouts are at Texas A and M and Miss St.

no doubt that having another 1st round pick open up posibilities for us. I think we should go for the QB and the other player should be either o-line or WR. The in the 3rd round we should go for whatever we didn't get in the 1st.Right now I'm thinking Clayton and Rivers in the 1st round if they're there when we pick and hopefully Chris Snee at G in the 3rd(I know he might be gone but gurds do drop.If we could get those 3 guys then anything else would be gravy.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom