Max Starks would be great 2nd first round pick | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Max Starks would be great 2nd first round pick

Starks is a huge mofo, I played against him in highschool when he played for Lake Highland Prep in Orlando. He was big, but he didnt know how to use his size like someone else said. Seems he had the same problem although he is still learning and get better. He would be a good 3rd or 4th rounder. He is relatively young and he is huge and eventually could be really good.

Originally posted by KBISBACK
Starks is also a player who doesn't play to his size.

He's a second day prospect. Definitely not a first round pick, and definitely not better than either Wade Smith or Todd Wade.

Starks will go on day one in the latter portion of round 2 or the third round. Starks is a massive RT & for the most part plays that way. He could be moved to guard later.

Originally posted by BruceDickinson
Starks is a huge mofo, I played against him in highschool when he played for Lake Highland Prep in Orlando. He was big, but he didnt know how to use his size like someone else said. Seems he had the same problem although he is still learning and get better. He would be a good 3rd or 4th rounder. He is relatively young and he is huge and eventually could be really good.

What do you mean he doesnt use his size? i dont understand that statement. He doesnt bulldoze? He doesnt move fast enough? what? please explain further.

Seems to me someone must of showed him how to use his long arms cus his guy got nowhere against him all day. One play the guy got around him but Starks pushed him further and Rivers stepped up. I didnt see anything in those clips that showed he didnt "use his size".

When I say he doesnt use his size, I mean that there are some lineman that are 6-2, that if they had his size, they would be the best ever.

When I played against him, I played O line and OLB on defense. Keep in mind how tall he was and keep in mind i was 5'7 135 lbs, and starting Off. guard and reserve OLB. (we were both playoff teams too) The guy should have been picking our players up and hurling them through goalposts. Yeah he did a good job, but not as good as he should be doing.

His teammate over there, who I saw play alot in HS, was Mike Degory (he went to Palm Bay, about 10 seconds away from Melbourne Central Catholic) Anyways he was the MVP for Palm Bay when they won the state championship and he was a CENTER. He is someone who uses his size and he is a quality guy with good morals and very mature.

Hey Bruce were you around when the elephant went wild over there in Palm Bay? Ever been to Bare Assests or Bunky's?

Den54,

Seen the elephant and "lived" at Bare assets....back when they were REALLY bare. Bunkys (original on Sat beach side) is still my favorite for wings.

Living abroad (Singapore) sure makes you miss Melbourne Fla..LOL. Hell I still own a home in Lake Washington.

Cheers,
DB

Back
Top Bottom