May Disagree | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

May Disagree

MissMeth

Miss July
Reaction score
Many of you may disagree but i would like to know the reasons why. I watched a lot of the QB combine and i really liked what i saw from Omar Jacobs!! He was talked about early in the season and then everyone just kind of disregarded him. He would be a great 2nd round pick up. I for one am against picking up a QB in the 1st round, i would prefer to leave that to secondary, OL or WR help. I would even be okay with a good LB pick up.

So tell me why not Omar Jacobs? His throws looked very accurate, he was athletic, and he had some good long balls....

:missmeth:

That is the guy I like too. I think he has more potential than Croyle or Whitehurst.

all 3 of these QB's have ?'s but I'd rank them as:

1. Croyle (durability issues)
2. Jacobs (throwing mechanics)
3. Whitehurst (inconsistency throughout college career & recent shoulder surgery)

in that order...(not including the big 3 QB's)

on a side note: I was impressed with both Croyle and Jacobs at the Combine..

i would like the idea of pickin up jacobs but no earlier then rd 3. after rd 1 prospects young, linehart, and cutler...i would prefer to wait until rd 3 for a qb with jacobs at the top of the list with a couple others.

im really for drafting a qb in later rounds and also signing a free agent like brees

i think that first round should goto our secondary now bc we have no corners and we need a saftey so thats exactly what well probably do and jacobs i liked for awhile reminds me a little of culpepper

MissMeth said:
Whats wrong with his throwing mechanics? I didnt notice any problem.

he has a very awkward throwing motion with a low release point, which could lead to alot of passes being knocked down, he also throws off his back foot sometimes...none of which hurt him in his college career really, but I worry abit about his mechanics within the NFL...still alot of potential there however...

In_Flames said:
he has a very awkward throwing motion with a low release point, which could lead to alot of passes being knocked down, he also throws off his back foot sometimes...none of which hurt him in his college career really, but I worry abit about his mechanics within the NFL...still alot of potential there however...

Oh okay... i guess i didnt notice that. Most of that can still be worked on through good coaching. Realability and injury problems cant. I still say a good pick up for the 2nd round.

I have like Jacobs for a while now. 2nd or 3rd round would be a good area to pick him up. I would not have any problem seeing him in aqua & orange.

In_Flames said:
Jacobs throwing motion is a lot less awkward than Bernie Kosar. Kosar had the same question marks coming out of college and he did very well in the pros. Jacobs is probably a year or two away from being an accomplished starter but when he is ready...

Geforce said:
Jacobs throwing motion is a lot less awkward than Bernie Kosar. Kosar had the same question marks coming out of college and he did very well in the pros. Jacobs is probably a year or two away from being an accomplished starter but when he is ready...

I too like Jacobs, but was just stating the obvious that he will infact need to be a bit more developed in his skills before starting in this league. Like you said, a year or two would definitely help.

i think coryle and whitehurst are both underproductive bums. id love to get jacobs, marino had an unorthodox release to remember, albeit the quickest of all time. jacobs can play, he just needs work on his decision making and footwork from what i understand

I agree! That's who I would target in the 3rd if he'still available. He has way to much upside to not consider. Who cares about the weird throwing motion when you can have that type of accuracy. linemen will create lanes for him to throw through and he's got great size as is. He's a Culpepper hybrid!:tantrum:

MissMeth said:
Many of you may disagree but i would like to know the reasons why. I watched a lot of the QB combine and i really liked what i saw from Omar Jacobs!! He was talked about early in the season and then everyone just kind of disregarded him. He would be a great 2nd round pick up. I for one am against picking up a QB in the 1st round, i would prefer to leave that to secondary, OL or WR help. I would even be okay with a good LB pick up.

So tell me why not Omar Jacobs? His throws looked very accurate, he was athletic, and he had some good long balls....

:missmeth:

Back
Top Bottom