Maybe Moore and then a QB like this for next season. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Maybe Moore and then a QB like this for next season.

How is Weeden, who is 29...having never taken a NFL snap... going to unseat Matt Moore.
The guy will need a couple of years to make his mistakes and get up to NFL speed.
It seems like a high price for a short NFL career.
If the guy ends up dropping to the bottom of the draft, then I could see a team picking him.

I don't get the fascination with Weeden. Isn't he like 29? Definately not a long term player like we are looking for!

we drafted ronnie brown at 2 overall and had him for what five years???

why not take weeden, if hes the highest qb on our board? I actually think his maturity could be a benefit. I know CK, doesn't knock his age like some of you guys do. I think weeden could contribute in year one, and if not than certainly year two... than we would have 4 good years if he worked out. We haven't had four good years of qb play in as long as I can remember.

ted ginn, jason allen, ronnie brown... all former first round picks that gave 5 years or less to the franchise.

I would hope to take a instant stud at 6 or wherever we fall, and hope weeden fell to our second round pick.

we drafted ronnie brown at 2 overall and had him for what five years???

why not take weeden, if hes the highest qb on our board? I actually think his maturity could be a benefit. I know CK, doesn't knock his age like some of you guys do. I think weeden could contribute in year one, and if not than certainly year two... than we would have 4 good years if he worked out. We haven't had four good years of qb play in as long as I can remember.

ted ginn, jason allen, ronnie brown... all former first round picks that gave 5 years or less to the franchise.

I would hope to take a instant stud at 6 or wherever we fall, and hope weeden fell to our second round pick.

How can you be so convinced that he will just arrive and be instantly better than Moore?
I am all for getting him in the mid to lower rounds if he is there, but to invest a high draft pick in him, with a shorter career span, is not the smartest move.
I would rather draft a legit Landry Jones who might still be on the board when we pick 8-13. He has the skills and he can sit on the bench behind Moore until he is ready. He has the NFL arm. That seems to be our best hope at the present time.
It will be an interesting off season, that is for sure.

Back
Top Bottom