Maybe Saban signed Edwards to play in nickel packages.

DolphinDevil28

I like boobs.
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
I knew Saban loves physical corners, and that is why I'm confident Will Poole will be starting opposite Sam Madison opening day.

Jaj

What you say?
Reaction score
The problem is this leaves us with one corner that can play inside if we go to the dime. Edwards is best outside in a press-scheme. Poole can play inside. Howard failed lsat year. Madison is known to be pitiful at it. I wish we could cut Howard right now. Draft someone like Antonio Perkins in the 5th to play the dime.

BocaHighQB

Scout Team
Reaction score
Also having Welker and Perkins back deep on kickoffs they were the 2 leading college returners ever. But that was on Punts, I know Welker did great on kickoffs is Perkins good at it?

Jaj

What you say?
Reaction score
BocaHighQB said:
Also having Welker and Perkins back deep on kickoffs they were the 2 leading college returners ever. But that was on Punts, I know Welker did great on kickoffs is Perkins good at it?
If I'm not mistaken Perkins was better at kickoffs than punts. Might be the other way around. I rarely watching the returning part of the game. :eek:

Dudeman

Coolness
Reaction score
while I kinda think picking up Edwards was unneccesary, I'm definitely dont think it was a horrible move, because its only for a year anyway. If he re-emerges as a turd, boom, he's gone come 2K6 anyway.

he played nickel in Tampa last year, and I dont remember hearing his name at all in terms of making good plays.

so more than likely, he'll be filler for a year while we get a drafted corner or undrafted FA ready to assume nickel duties in 2006

Top Bottom