Mayock on Whitner | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mayock on Whitner

does mayock have an updated list to look at?? thats all pre combine so im just wondering where he stands now two weeks from the draft.

I would take Whitner over Allen in a heartbeat. No contest.

Ghetti13 said:
I would take Whitner over Allen in a heartbeat. No contest.

same here.im just concerned with his injury whitner doesnt have one

burghPhinFan said:
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/9341853

Safety

1. Jason Allen, Tennessee
2. Donte Whitner, Ohio State
3. Daniel Bullocks, Nebraska
4. Anthony Smith, Syracuse
5. Darnell Bing, USC
6. Ko Simpson, South Carolina
7. Roman Harper, Alabama

wow simpson has dropped. well looks like we cant go wrong with whitner or allen. personally id be happy with either.

Whitner reminds me a of Bob Sanders, and I think our defense could definitely use a player like that. I would be happy with Donte, but I still prefer Jimmy Williams.

http://nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/whitner_donte

STRONG POINTS Whitner is a very good athlete with the foot quickness, speed and explosiveness to make hard hits and plays all over the field. Is consistently aggressive when coming up the field in run support and makes hard, physical tackles. Moves through traffic easily and has the foot quickness and agility to avoid blocks well on the move. Reads and reacts to passes well -- closes fast to make hard hits on passes in front of him and can get out to the sideline to break up passes right as the ball arrives. Can cover tight ends all over the field well in tight man-to-man coverage -- can stay on the receiver's hip deep down the seam.

WEAKNESSES Obviously, Whitner's lack of size is the biggest weakness for him -- can be dragged for extra yards by big ball carriers, misses some tackles and will struggle to maintain durability in the NFL. Lack of size will also hinder his ability to play strong at the point of attack -- NFL lead blockers will be able to knock him backward and eliminate him from the play too easily. Despite being able to stay right on tight ends' hips in man-to-man coverage, lack of height hinders his ability to make plays on high passes to tall tight ends. While he does a decent job covering the slot receiver, he lacks the ability to be very good in tight man-to-man coverage against quick and explosive NFL slot receivers.

looks like a nickelback to me...but he'll be moved to safety.

dorsaroll156 said:
same here.im just concerned with his injury whitner doesnt have one

And he's extremely physical and is a great tackler. If Saban draft him our secondary will be very physical.

UF Fin Kat said:
http://nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/whitner_donte

STRONG POINTS Whitner is a very good athlete with the foot quickness, speed and explosiveness to make hard hits and plays all over the field. Is consistently aggressive when coming up the field in run support and makes hard, physical tackles. Moves through traffic easily and has the foot quickness and agility to avoid blocks well on the move. Reads and reacts to passes well -- closes fast to make hard hits on passes in front of him and can get out to the sideline to break up passes right as the ball arrives. Can cover tight ends all over the field well in tight man-to-man coverage -- can stay on the receiver's hip deep down the seam.

WEAKNESSES Obviously, Whitner's lack of size is the biggest weakness for him -- can be dragged for extra yards by big ball carriers, misses some tackles and will struggle to maintain durability in the NFL. Lack of size will also hinder his ability to play strong at the point of attack -- NFL lead blockers will be able to knock him backward and eliminate him from the play too easily. Despite being able to stay right on tight ends' hips in man-to-man coverage, lack of height hinders his ability to make plays on high passes to tall tight ends. While he does a decent job covering the slot receiver, he lacks the ability to be very good in tight man-to-man coverage against quick and explosive NFL slot receivers.

looks like a nickelback to me...but he'll be moved to safety.

uh it says man 2 man...if im not mistakening we play cover 2 which isn't man 2 man b/c thats why madison struggled he was a good man to man D player not a Cover 2 player which i believe is somewhat Zone

Back
Top Bottom