mc says frerotte throws better ball... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

mc says frerotte throws better ball...

thecoordinator said:
at first i thought no way gus starts for us, if not but for the fact that we gave up the 33rd pick in the draft for aj. i guess that's why rick is gone. listen to the post practice interview with randy and he basically says gus throws a better ball than the 3 other qbs we have out there. thanks again rick. briliant move. the fact is, aj sucks.

Not a fact, an opinion....yours

Awsi Dooger said:
I generally agree with that, but you've got to understand after a significant sample conclusions can be drawn. Frerotte has played for 5 different teams with over 2100 attempts. Only 65 of those 2100+ attempts came with the Vikings and Randy Moss. So I'm megaconfident in asserting Linehan and Randy Moss are virtually irrelevant in evaluating Frerotte's lifetime numbers. Those were Norv Turner offenses in Washington. Frerotte put up better numbers there than Fiedler did in Turner's offenses in Miami.

Fair enough. My money's on Feeley winning the competition and improving his numbers greatly but lets see the training camp and preseason play out

I think it's hysterical when someone takes an innocent comment and switches it around to fit their agenda :lol:

grendel said:
He said, "he throws a better ball....um....you know there's three quaterbacks..." Take it for what its worth, but I think he was just commenting on Gus and not much else.

Glad I am not the only one to pickup on that. I am not a Feeley supporter or basher, but I dislike when people turn anothers' statement into what they want to hear.

Noodle Arm said:
I think it's hysterical when someone takes an innocent comment and switches it around to fit their agenda :lol:

:lol: Guess I should have read the entire thread. I see you too picked up on that. :D

passing game

unfortunately we had endured, for the past five seasons, offensive schemes that never were Quarterback friendly. the Qb never could audible and the plays were so vanilla we could'nt scare anybody. last year even without ricky our offense was suppose to open up. i didn't see it at all. Coach Cowher said "this was not a good offense we played against," after that monsoon of a game. So before demoralizing the Qbs we have had just remember the coach never gave them a chance to be great. in my opinion, i think they did admirable jobs with the run first and throw when we need to mentality. how many games did you guys watch where fiedler had about 150yds passing in the first half to watch him be handcuffed because the coach would tell the coordinator to be ultra-conservative and hope the defense could stop them from scoring in the second half. then when we were forced to throw they new it was coming. it seemed like every third down was a seven step drop giving the defense all time to anticipate. espically when we were behind. terrible play calls with no help on either end with blitzes coming from everywhere. those qbs were getting killed.

adamprez2003 said:
Fair enough. My money's on Feeley winning the competition and improving his numbers greatly but lets see the training camp and preseason play out

This won't be popular but I think we're better off if Feeley flops and Frerotte holds the job for a year or two in a stopgap situation. I just think Feeley has too many built-in regulators that prevent him from reaching championship caliber -- line drive happy with very little variety of pace and loft, defaults too much to short passes, a bit of a low delivery, some stare down tendencies. The last thing we want is for Feeley to tease with a performance much better than last year but still not good enough. That inevitably leads to false hope he'll make similar strides for another year or two, until finally arriving at highest level and staying there. In that event we might undervalue a young QB prospect in 2006 and 2007, suicidal to Saban's career in Miami, IMO.

It's like when a plodder like Giacomo wins the Kentucky Derby and suddenly drops to 5/1 or 6/1 in the Preakness, generating plenty of false hope he's suddenly arrived. Much better to evaluate the entirety of his career and recognize the remarkable mediocrity that preceeded the Derby. That's an admitted workaround to bragging on my Afleet Alex wager of today :D. I'm old enough to have seen Little Currrent, Hansel, Risen Star and Point Given dominate both the Preakness and Belmont after flopping in the Derby. Alex followed suit.

Interesting how close these 2 guys stats are when comparing the beginning of their careers:

Gus: 2 years, 21 games/15 started, 496 attempts, 49% completions, 6.75 avg/attempt, 18 TD, 18 INT, 68.4 QB rating.
AJ: 4 years, 18 games/13 started, 524 attempts, 54.8% completions, 5.8 avg/attempt, 19 TD, 21 INT, 67.3 QB rating.

This is the year we see if AJ can be a better QB than Gus. Frerotte's 3rd year numbers are remarkably close to his career averages:

Gus's 3rd year: 16 games/16 started, 470 attempts, 57.4% competions, 7.3 avg/attempt, 12 TD, 11 INT, 79.3 QB rating.

We know what we have in Gus, an average QB. AJ still has a chance to show he's better than the average Joe, I mean Gus.

I Like The Sig........WAGON CIRCLER

Bills Will Go Deep In The Playoffs In 2005.......if The Playoff Teams Don't Sell Out And Tickets Are Still Available For The Bills To Buy......... For The Whole Team

McMike drops too many feely laser-balls thats why he like those nice slow ferrote things

Feeley might beat Gus out and be the starter but IMO thats not saying much.Next year we should get our future star qb or so i hope.Gus or Feeley not the answer.How ever IF either one plays ok and dont turn the ball over we could win some games this year.You dont always have to have a stud qb to win games in the NFL.(Fiedler)

Back
Top Bottom