McClain vs Spikes | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McClain vs Spikes

The cutups of them making and missing tackles actually made me like Mclain more than Spikes even more....to each his own I guess but I just dont agree with your analysis of these guys and this is one position I know a ton about as I played it for a long time

Rolondo McClain has never played in a 4-3 alignment.
Saban runs and has always run a 3-4 with a Jack
linebacker.
In the the SECCG was only time time a extra DL man was
added to contain Tebow.
Rolondo can play the inside and go play the jack linebacker
on the outside.

Rolondo McClain has never played in a 4-3 alignment.
Saban runs and has always run a 3-4 with a Jack
linebacker.
In the the SECCG was only time time a extra DL man was
added to contain Tebow.
Rolondo can play the inside and go play the jack linebacker
on the outside.

Yes...the SECCG Saban had Eric Anders on the field to contain Tebow and shadow Hernandez on the inside shovel pass to the tight end...

Hightower also moves over and plays the Jack before he got hurt....and I think he's actually a little better at the Jack than McClain....we're going to be talking about Hightower as a 1st round pick this time next year...

Yes...the SECCG Saban had Eric Anders on the field to contain Tebow and shadow Hernandez on the inside shovel pass to the tight end...

Hightower also moves over and plays the Jack before he got hurt....and I think he's actually a little better at the Jack than McClain....we're going to be talking about Hightower as a 1st round pick this time next year...

I actually think Hightower will be better than McClain,and I really think Rolondo
is one bad mamba jamma.

Mcclain will not be there when we draft unless we move up which in my opinion would not be worth it and spikes is just not worth a 1st round draft pick to go into our system. to me spikes looks more of a 4-3 to where the d line takes up most of the linemen and the linebackers jerseys are clean. we need someone who can get off the blocks with good awareness. if you watched the video you see spikes running through the LOS and the ball carrier was on a sweep. i would really like to see hughes in our system someone wh gets off blocks good and can rush the passer and the johnson in 2nd round. that would give us crowder(who i personally like) johnson, hughes, and probably wake depending if we get someone through FA(morrison or dansby) that would change the lineup but that looks good to me . i think that would be a great linebackers core for years to come and with playmakers at the linbacker spot i think crowder has a more productive year next year. Also we need to bring in a coverage FS which will really help us out.

I think free agency is gonna determine who we go with in the draft IMO. If we get a ILB in FA we wont get it in the 1st round. Or go S (Otgwe (sp?)) then we'll go ILB 1st round

for my money once mcclain goes there's not another ilb worth considering with our first round pick...including spikes

Spikes looked darn good tonight. Thoughts?

Spikes looked very good against Cincinnati. It was a game that highlighted two of his strengths, which are pass rushing and reading the quarterback's eyes in zone.

He definitely didnt have a bad game but i didnt notice him in on too many plays? maybe i just wasnt paying attention.. Mardy Gilyard was MIA most of the game.. Carlos Dunlap Has soo much potential but i think he will come back for senior year.. CK, correct me if im wrong, dunlap is a 4-3 DE right? i saw someone say we should turn him into an olb and draft him in the first :rolleyes: I like ryan stamper alot also Major wright and Ahmad Black.. Jeff Demps Is going to be great (that injury wus disqusting) Imagine trading ronnie for a second, using a 3rd on Geheart, and drafting rainey or demps next year?

Well, it's not as crazy an idea as it sounds, moving Carlos Dunlap to a space position. The reason I say that is he is a player that plays small, stays on his feet and hustles to the play. There have been a few plays when I'm trying to focus on Brandon Spikes and there's Carlos Dunlap getting out of trouble on his feet, hustling deep down the field (and I mean running at full bore) to help make a play on a receiver or something along those lines.

I can't help but come with away with liking Spikes more after watching all that film. It seemed like McClain would never get off the blocks, but he seemed like that linebacker that will always do what he has to do, but maybe not do more than that (turnovers, basically)

Spikes, however, showed more of a tenacious, hard-nosed attitude to me. He hits very hard, and takes on blocks with an attitude. When he wouldn't get to the ball carrier, he showed he could fight off the block and keep himself in the play, and possibly tackle the ballcarrier still. It seemed like in these situations McClain would be out of the play, and stay out of it.

I'm fine with either one of them though. And while I like Spikes more, I think McClain is more the kind of linebacker we need. One that actually does what he's supposed to do. I think Spikes is someone we'd take if we already had a linebacker that does the things McClain does.

Imagine if spikes falls to us in the 2nd and mcclain falls to us in the 1st? :lol: id go for that. send crowder packing and squeeze another year out of JT/JP

Imagine if spikes falls to us in the 2nd and mcclain falls to us in the 1st? :lol: id go for that. send crowder packing and squeeze another year out of JT/JP

another year of no pass rush from jt and porter while wake gets limited reps on 3rd and the football field :(

Back
Top Bottom