McDaniel: Biggest BA he has Coached & Play He Would Take Back | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McDaniel: Biggest BA he has Coached & Play He Would Take Back

Hoot

Keeper of the Old Code
Club Member
Reaction score
Biggest BA he has ever coached....McDaniel goes with a WR.

Play he would take back: 4th and 6 call against Buffalo in the playoffs.

Biggest difference between 2023 Dolphins and 2024 Dolphins: More "callused." Overall mental fortitude, wisdom and life experience.

I hope we draft one of the highest rated Guards. We need the right guy here. A mauler and a very fine run blocker who we can run behind when we need short yardage. He has to do his job is pass protection as well. But, if we can hit on a guy that's truly a plug and play guy I'd be very happy. Don't draft a tackle with the idea to convert him to Guard. Draft a Guard and play him at Guard.

I hope we draft one of the highest rated Guards. We need the right guy here. A mauler and a very fine run blocker who we can run behind when we need short yardage. He has to do his job is pass protection as well. But, if we can hit on a guy that's truly a plug and play guy I'd be very happy. Don't draft a tackle with the idea to convert him to Guard. Draft a Guard and play him at Guard.
I hope we do too, but I’ll bet we don’t. It’ll probably either be an edge player, an OT, or a WR with our first pick, second pick would probably either be the other of those three we didnt pick or possibly a DT.

Draft a G and an OT!

If we don't make huge additions to the trenches I'd be very surprised.

If we don't make huge additions to the trenches I'd be very surprised.
Could definitely see a Tackle if we are drafting for the future. If we are drafting for this year, could be a few different scenarios.

Miami isn't tacking a tackle and a guard with their first two picks; I just don't see it. I think, Ideally, they are hoping one of the tackles that can play guard for a year before kicking back out to tackle slips to them in the first round. I'd be shocked if Grier takes a pure guard in the first round. I think the perfect fit for them in the first round would be Troy Fautanu but I think he will be gone before pick #21.

as much as drafting OL/OL with our top two picks, don’t hold your breath.....I'll be happy if we draft OL at 21 or 55 but I'm not counting on anything .....grier/Mike seem to think our OL is fine but that was our weakest link last year and we lost our best two players there so drafting OL on this very good OL class should be a no brainer but you never know with grier

Miami isn't tacking a tackle and a guard with their first two picks; I just don't see it. I think, Ideally, they are hoping one of the tackles that can play guard for a year before kicking back out to tackle slips to them in the first round. I'd be shocked if Grier takes a pure guard in the first round. I think the perfect fit for them in the first round would be Troy Fautanu but I think he will be gone before pick #21.
You beat me to it

The reality is Guard is not a good "value" pick in rd1.

As far as drafting a T that can play G, not generally a fan. It worked out OK with Tunsil, but he was a top prospect that year. The circumstances just happened to fall our way.

I look at Grier's past drafts and he has continually taken corner piece players in the 1st. I'm guessing it will be wr, edge or T in the first. Then probably a trade down in the second.

If the rumors are true they have a G on speed dial if they don't get the one in the draft they want I can definitely see them passing on a G the first couple rounds.

IIRC Greir has never traded down in the first...could this year be the 1st? Depth wise, not a horrible year to due so.

I look at Grier's past drafts and he has continually taken corner piece players in the 1st. I'm guessing it will be wr, edge or T in the first. Then probably a trade down in the second.

If the rumors are true they have a G on speed dial if they don't get the one in the draft they want I can definitely see them passing on a G the first couple rounds.

IIRC Greir has never traded down in the first...could this year be the 1st? Depth wise, not a horrible year to due
SInce we dont know exactly what prevented Cam Smith from seeing the field and we are currently one safety short vs last year, I would not be surprised if the team goes DB with one of their first 2 picks (with or without a trade down). We also have our top 3 DBs either departing or jumping big in cap cost over the next 2 years.

Back
Top Bottom