McDaniel: Biggest BA he has Coached & Play He Would Take Back | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McDaniel: Biggest BA he has Coached & Play He Would Take Back

I hope we draft one of the highest rated Guards. We need the right guy here. A mauler and a very fine run blocker who we can run behind when we need short yardage. He has to do his job is pass protection as well. But, if we can hit on a guy that's truly a plug and play guy I'd be very happy. Don't draft a tackle with the idea to convert him to Guard. Draft a Guard and play him at Guard.
Beebe or Frazier maybe. Watching these guys, they are the epitome of physical. Frazier's opponent often ends up on the ground.

Both of these players are projected in the 40ish range, meaning Miami could trade down and get more picks.

I look at Grier's past drafts and he has continually taken corner piece players in the 1st. I'm guessing it will be wr, edge or T in the first. Then probably a trade down in the second.

If the rumors are true they have a G on speed dial if they don't get the one in the draft they want I can definitely see them passing on a G the first couple rounds.

IIRC Greir has never traded down in the first...could this year be the 1st? Depth wise, not a horrible year to due so.
We traded down and got Noah Igbinogh in the first, so Grier will trade down if it's prudent to what he wants to do.

I look at Grier's past drafts and he has continually taken corner piece players in the 1st. I'm guessing it will be wr, edge or T in the first. Then probably a trade down in the second.

If the rumors are true they have a G on speed dial if they don't get the one in the draft they want I can definitely see them passing on a G the first couple rounds.

IIRC Greir has never traded down in the first...could this year be the 1st? Depth wise, not a horrible year to due so.
Actually he did with Wilkins and he found out why it's a bad move this off-season... Wilkins hit his absolute best case scenario potential and ended up as a player you just can't justify giving a 2nd contract to... Live and learn.

How much longer does Cam Smith get until he is mentioned in the same breath as Igbo?
GIven the draft capital invested, Cam will never reach thr whipping boy status that Igbinogene did. But, barring injury, this is probably the season he needs to show something to justify the investment or else be considered a failed pick. My money is on him being a competent backup on the boundary, with some useful rotation around the defensive backfield. The kind if player we need to have around, albeit maybe not so good that the team forsakes drafting another high potential corner in this draft or next.

Beebe or Frazier maybe. Watching these guys, they are the epitome of physical. Frazier's opponent often ends up on the ground.

Both of these players are projected in the 40ish range, meaning Miami could trade down and get more picks.
I like the way you're thinking. I hope they have the discipline to stay away from luxury picks and just fix the trenches. I would draft 2 D Linemen, the rest oline.

Back
Top Bottom