McDaniel on the TE position | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McDaniel on the TE position

Can you imagine what this offense could be with a true receiving threat at tight end and an additional solid to good offensive lineman?
Its more than just a receiving TE. A tight end that plays angry, plays hard. Gesicki was a receiving TE, but played soft. Kittle, Andrews, Kelce are hard playing TE's. They are not afraid to rough it up. Thats whats needed.

Well it's wishful thinking as far as a game breaker in the Kelce mode.. we sure have been missing that spot
I think McD was hoping Julian Hill could be somewhat of a threat and although I haven't lost hope in him, he made an awful lot of mistakes.

Year 2 should tell a lot.

And how OBVIOUS is that! Look at the final 4. ALL with studs @TE.

And of course strong OLs. And it helps to have a RB that you can count on who isn't just a HR hitter.

Basic stuff.
I love our RBs though. But yes on the TE. We’ve been clamoring for this for a couple of years now. Last year we had like 6 on the roster and most of them couldn’t catch a cold. This year we didn’t keep a million of them but other than Smythe they didn’t do much in the pass game. Actually, I don’t think we had a TE score a TD!

He didn't realize this over this past off-season?

Everyone knew this.
As he said really wanted a TE last year. Need to have the opportunity. You don't just waste picks/money on a guy that doesn't fit.

I said multiple times before the draft that LaPorta was a carbon copy from a physical/skill profile of Kittle. Still believe he was the target but Det took him higher then expected and he was a beast as a rookie.

Back
Top Bottom