McDougle Upset With Negative Comments | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McDougle Upset With Negative Comments

Hopefully those comments light a fire under him. Im glad we got him. theres just something about the Lions that I dont like.........

Wow. His OL coach is suprisingly Wannstedt-esque. That's a pretty crappy thing to do.

Seriously, this was a major complaint of former players against Wannstedt. And it's something that our players are continuously raving about in regards to Saban (his honesty).

McDougle took plays off even when he was at Oklahoma. I remember wanting an OT that year and evaluating McDougle carefully. He coasted all the time and it merely continued in the pros. Who the hell is he trying to kid?

FuturePhin said:
Hopefully those comments light a fire under him. Im glad we got him. theres just something about the Lions that I dont like.........

Nothing like a former coaches insult to get a player going. Worked for Ricky Williams for a year. You mean other than the fact that they keep stealing all the FA's we want? ;) Maybe the Lions O-Line coach was trying to say that so they could re-sign him cheaper?

Awsi Dooger said:
McDougle took plays off even when he was at Oklahoma. I remember wanting an OT that year and evaluating McDougle carefully. He coasted all the time and it merely continued in the pros. Who the hell is he trying to kid?

If however coaches aren't telling him this then I can see why it would be a shock. We all know Houck, Saban aren't going to sugarcoat things for him so if he's slacking he's going to get told.

Maybe all he needs is a good coach pushing him.

He takes plays off here he's not going to be a starter for very long. Saban won't let that stuff slide...

I think Stockar McDougle is going to be our best offseason pick up. He is a beast, and has a world of potential with Houck and Saban pushing him, and it being a walk year (seeing he just signed a 1 yr deal), he's really going to play extremely well. I think he's going to anchor our line much like Wade did. He has the potential to be much, much better than Wade to by the way. I really think it will work out for him as a Dolphin!

Will a one year (show me what you got) contract and a insult motivate him? I think so!:fire:

He is near home, he has lost weight, he is in better shape, he has been dissed by a former coach, he's in a "contract" year, he's now 28. The stars are either lining up for him or he will crash and burn.

Living up here, I am forced to watch more of the Lions than I would like but McDougle was an impressive road grading type of blocker. I'm hoping/expecting BIG things (pun intended).

Back
Top Bottom