McGahee slammed by Mularkey | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McGahee slammed by Mularkey

"slammed" With a title like that, you should be in media.

Justasportsfan said:
"slammed" With a title like that, you should be in media.

Thanks Justa! :)

Actually, I usually disagree with a coach calling out a player publically. Especially a star.

Let's see if it works.

It wasn't as bad as all that. Plus, Mularkey is getting anxious. His team hasn't looked that great. Yeah they have the same record as the fins but Losman hasn't materialized as much as critics thought he would and McGahee isn't lighting up like everyone assumed he would. When any team has a lot of hype and then comes up mediocre like that, the coach is bound to get frustrated.

Plus, well, it's the Bills. :D

What a non-story. Yet again, hyped up for people to make something out of nothing. :shakeno:

A coach is simply trying to motivate his player, and all coaches have their own way of doing this.

Talos said:
It wasn't as bad as all that. Plus, Mularkey is getting anxious. His team hasn't looked that great. Yeah they have the same record as the fins but Losman hasn't materialized as much as critics thought he would and McGahee isn't lighting up like everyone assumed he would. When any team has a lot of hype and then comes up mediocre like that, the coach is bound to get frustrated.

Plus, well, it's the Bills. :D

All that from 1 game against a great defense? Good observations.

The Bills may have beat the Texans. But their offense certainly didn't look like anything special that game either. I don't care if the final score was 22-6 or whatever it was. They still didn't look that impressive.

Yes this is a non-story, but McGahee has not been impressive at all. It is only going to get worse if Losman keeps struggling and teams start to crowd the line.

I know McGahee has the talent but in all honesty I am not sure that Losman does.

Magahee will continue to do not much as long as teams are giving him 8 man fronts and daring JP to pass. Their Ol has a lot of the same issues we have (maybe a bit better run blocking and a bit worse pass blocking). Its up to JP to get teams to respect the pass. Eventually i think he might be good but its going to take a few more games at the very least imo

PhinsPhan said:

I know McGahee has the talent but in all honesty I am not sure that Losman does.

Yes because hes played in so many games and has shown hes bad, we mise well cut him and draft a new QB, or if were lucky enough, sign someone Gus Ferrotte eske.

I could care less that Mularkey called him out. However, he better get his **** together because he's KILLING my fantasy team. I want 2 TD's from him this weekend, and a Bills loss. ;)

Mod Edit: don't bypass the profanity filter, this is your warning. WB3

zachseau13 said:
Trouble in paradise -

"On four occasions this week, Mularkey has publicly questioned McGahee's play in last Sunday's 19-3 loss at Tampa Bay, calling the second-year running back's tentativeness at the line of scrimmage unacceptable.
-- Rochester Democrat and Chronicle"

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/scorecard/09/22/truth.rumors.nfl/index.html

Funny, when Nick Saban called out the phins O-Line during the preseason, he was a psychological genius, and "motivating" his troops.

TakeoSpikes51 said:
Yes because hes played in so many games and has shown hes bad, we mise well cut him and draft a new QB, or if were lucky enough, sign someone Gus Ferrotte eske.

Maybe you guys should have blocked for Bledsoe.

I like when coaches do this kind of stuff because that will make the player try harder the next time. But there is no way that McGahee will get 2,000 rushing yards this year.

Back
Top Bottom