McGarrahan most likely being traded within division | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McGarrahan most likely being traded within division

And both teams play ya in Sept.

hmmmmmmm............

Miami would probably be better served releasing him and hoping another team claims him on waivers. Bills would get waiver claim over the Jets.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/6573467.htm

The Dolphins might have to bite the bullet and make a trade within their division if they hope to get anything for special-teams ace Scott McGarrahan. The New York Jets and Buffalo have expressed the strongest interest in the backup safety who earlier this week asked to be dealt or released.

Well, if they are not good enough to be on the Fins, then let the Jests or Billygoats pick up the trash :lol:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...ug20,1,4182051.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

This is about the most selfish article i've ever read. "Arturo needs the snaps because it's a pivitol year for him." "Arturo wants to start or be traded." What about playing your role and helping the team. Is the NFL not a team sport anymore just everyone looking out for their contract. I believe that's another area that separates the Bucs from the Phins. Playing like a team and not looking for individual glory.

trade him to the Bills or Jets since he'll end up there anyway if we cut him...not that a 7th is worth much

Arturo is not looking for individual glory, Drew wants him to play because he is a free agent next year and if he plays he will get more money on the FA market. It just shows Drew's greed.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Arturo is not looking for individual glory, Drew wants him to play because he is a free agent next year and if he plays he will get more money on the FA market. It just shows Drew's greed.

Im not a big Drew fan... but lets not forget that he DOES have a job to do and that is get his player money. And that is what he is doing.

Thats right Drew does have a job to do. And unlike the Gadsden situation where I felt completely the opposite, if Freeman does not play this year a lot then he will indeed be sacrificing a lot of money.

You have to acknowledge that Drew's got a point. Freeman isn't even set now to get snaps in the dime packages so when is he gonna play? Unless injuries hit, not much at all. That will cut his free agent value in half considering he's a young guy who was kind of up and coming a little and whose year of starting had actually generated some interest by other teams. If he doesn't play he'll be forgotten. But I think instead of pushing for a trade Drew should push for the team to give him a fair longterm contract right NOW, right before a year where they expect Arturo to sit on the bench and be happy about it.

Is the contract of Seth McKinney up after this year cause the guy will be in his third year and even tough we know he's ready to play we keep him as backup. We will eventually hear the same thing from his agent if he doesn't start before his final year...

As for McGarrahan I like the guy on ST but it just show that we are really deep at the position.

If we can have a draft choice for him do it.

This is McKinney's 2nd season. He'll still be under contract next year.

who cares let them have him, its not like hes a starter or anything.....yeah he was good in special teams but we still got T. gamble who is just as great if not better......give him to the team that is willing to give up more......

I'd rather waive him and hope somebody else picks him up.

He makes plays on special teams and I would rather he was doing that outside of the division

Trade him...get what you can for him...he might go to those teams anyway, so just get something in return.

i agree with clumped and zachseau: if nobody else makes an offer, you gotta release the guy and hope somebody else picks him up. everybody's looking for good special-teamers, some just don't want to give anything up.

Back
Top Bottom