McIntosh on his way out...draft a Left Tackle? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McIntosh on his way out...draft a Left Tackle?

Boone

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Since he was bust last year at LT...and his trouble with the law...should we think about drafting one?

Who's the best ones available to us?

Thoughts?

Boone said:
Since he was bust last year at LT...and his trouble with the law...should we think about drafting one?

Who's the best ones available to us?

Thoughts?

I don;t know what the domestic violence problems in Miami are. First it was McMichael and now McIntosh. They need to stop smacking their wives around. I know wives can be annoying sometimes, but damn! Anyway, Saban will have to see what happens with the charges. But McIntosh is not a permanent solution anyway. He has about 2 or 3 more years in him tops. Miami should try and get someone to replace him this offseason.

I dont think we draft one early since we have Houck. He can turn later round talent into quality starters. Possibly we may look to draft one 2nd day of the draft or not at all depending what they think of Alabi.

I think Nick will take a LT if he feels he's worth taking at any point in the draft....he could actually draft a guard or a center depending what happens with free agency.

Ozzy rules!!

Is Winston Justice worth the 16th pick?? Only Saban and company can determine that. Also there might be some talent in the 3rd-4th rd, that coach H can bring in and mold as our future LT, or perhaps RT (moving Carey to LT)

If you dont want a rookie then a good option is Ross Verba...He talked his way out of cleveland after they wouldn't give him a raise. He's a good LT, but he over values himself.

http://www.woio.com/Global/story.asp?S=1327091

In this article he says he wants Orlando pace/walter jones money (7.5 mil a year). BUT after sitting out an entire year his demands may have gone down. No way will saban pay him anythign over 3 mil a year....

^verbas like 32 or something though, i think we need to stay younger...

i think we'll draft a guy 2nd day and it'll be open competition, alabi, mac if he still around, the rookie, and even carey... whoever performs the best gets the spot, next best moves over to RT...

Honestly LT has been on Miami's radar for a while(IMO)...This almost solidify's it.

I think Nick was gonna take a OT in the draft, prol day one way before he smacked her. Is he gonna stay in Miami after this I wonder. McMike and his wife "fixed" their problems, if you can say that. But this situation sounds kinda serious, not he McMike hitting his wife cuz he was drunk puking in the toliet

Mc's wife is the first person he has hit all year. I think we draft Marcus McMeil and move him to LT.

PHINSfan said:
Is Winston Justice worth the 16th pick?? Only Saban and company can determine that. Also there might be some talent in the 3rd-4th rd, that coach H can bring in and mold as our future LT, or perhaps RT (moving Carey to LT)

I'd take him at 16 if that's where we stay.

Id take Winston Justice at 16 if a impact DB isn't there, or Cutler isn't there. Maybe Justice in the first, Croyle in the second, but we need secondary help bad

playmaker1 said:
Id take Winston Justice at 16 if a impact DB isn't there, or Cutler isn't there. Maybe Justice in the first, Croyle in the second, but we need secondary help bad
I agree about taking Justice if no impact DB is there. I definetly don't won't to wait till the second day for a OT, heck we wouldn't be no better off then we are now. I don't want a OT that competes with McIntosh I want one the starts over him. And I'm hoping we don't take Marcus McNeil in the first But I wouldn't mind us taking him in the second if he's there.

Back
Top Bottom