McIntosh on his way out...draft a Left Tackle? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McIntosh on his way out...draft a Left Tackle?

Boone said:
Since he was bust last year at LT...and his trouble with the law...should we think about drafting one? ...
D-Mac wasn't a bust. He just doesn't have the ideal measurements that Saban would like at LT. D-Mac may be better as a "swing" tackle. No wise cracks...his wife is NOT pressing charges and this is a one-time incident that will allow D-Mac to focus more on his job.

I like the big tackle from Auburn as a plan B.

You've got to remember that an OT prospect for Miami has to have the right size. Basically everyone on the team at this point is 325 pounds or being asked to bulk up into that range in the case of Wade Smith and Anthony Alabi(According to rumors).

Prospects should reasonably be that big, or have a reasonable frame to add that kind of weight, and the playstyle to suit it. I think Winston Justice is kind of questionable in that.

playmaker1 said:
Id take Winston Justice at 16 if a impact DB isn't there, or Cutler isn't there. Maybe Justice in the first, Croyle in the second, but we need secondary help bad

I agree...and this is one of the reasons why I'm tapering my expectations for the Fins next year. A wild-card would be nice and possible, but we still have some legit holes.

Roman529 said:
Mc's wife is the first person he has hit all year. I think we draft Marcus McMeil and move him to LT.

I say no more drafting or signing anyone whose name begins with "Mc" - it seems to be a bad omen.

:goof:

I think Saban will find a CB in the fourth round but I am not even sure he will draft one. I think Safety is probably more on his mind since they run his defense. CB's are ussually less recognized. But what do I know?

Winston Justice would be a nice pick at 16, regardless of Mcintosh. If Justice is the real deal at LT you move Mac to RT. No biggy.

Roman529 said:
Mc's wife is the first person he has hit all year. I think we draft Marcus McMeil and move him to LT.

Also the one who would be the huge guy pick if Houck likes him. 6'9 340 lbs and long arms. Im surprised he is not mentioned in the same light as some others. Houck could make him great. Needs to condition himself better though over time.

Some say (including Houck) that we already drafted our starting LT in last years draft: Alabi!

I think we need guards over tackles this year.

This draft is rich in prospective LT's. You've got Justice, Scott, Ferguson, McNeill, Whitworth, Winston, and more. Saban should probably take advantage of this. D-Mac's an above-average LT but we can get a shot at an Ogden, Pace, or Jones type of LT.

I think Justice would be great at #16. Another possibility that is interesting is taking McNeil (if we trade down a bit or he slides to the 2nd round) and play him at RT while moving Carey to LT. Marcus McNeil would be far more effective at run blocking out of the RT position than Carey while Carey I think is a better pass blocker than McNeil.

Back
Top Bottom