Mckinney...don't really like it | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mckinney...don't really like it

RHoffman

DOB: Get my Ring!
Reaction score
Not real happy with this pick

I think the Dolphins reached for a marginal talent when there was better talent available at other positions.

The opportunity to get Metcalf or Johnson, both who went right after should have been one that Miami took advantage of.

Maybe, Miami will reveal a grand master plan, but for now I am not impressed.

You know they get payed to make the decisions, so hopefully they know something, but a lot of teams made some pretty bonehead picks today.

The opportunity to get Metcalf or Johnson, both who went right after should have been one that Miami took advantage of.

You know they get payed to make the decisions, so hopefully they know something, but a lot of teams made some pretty bonehead picks today. [/B][/QUOTE]

Alot of teams passed on those two, I wonder why? And agree that this was a "bonehead pick" kind of day. But I for one love this pick. He can play Center or Guard and back-up each. Hes smart and durable.
We had to commit to the Ricky Williams game, Seth is an excellant start.

BB

Well, I will say this. The guys who made those picks are making a lot more money than you or me are. And they are making all that money because they know what they are doing and they have proven that they know the game and the players. They maybe bonehead picks to you but I would assume they know a little more about those picks than you do just because that is their job, their life, and what they are paid to do. I don't think you or I sit around 20 hours a day and watch film of 500 different college football players daily.

When Dave was in Chicago, he chose, oh, just some guy named OLIN KREUTZ in the third round.

Maybe McKinney will be just as good two years from now? We'll see :)

I like the pick simply because it's the pick we chose. The last offensive lineman we drafted on the first day was Todd Wade. He was a good pick. We'll see how everything pans out.

Originally posted by Blitz
The last offensive lineman we drafted on the first day was Todd Wade. He was a good pick. We'll see how everything pans out.
the last OL we drafted w/our first pick from Texas A &m was Richmond Webb :D

NOT HAPPY!

In my opinion the DOLPHINS aren't happy with the play of TIM RUDDY! They appearantly tried address this earlier with the attempt to sign OLIN KREUTZ, now they draft McKinney in the 3rd round, which proves they are not happy with the production there in the middle! I really wanted a guard like Williams(GARDNER-WEBB) or Rogers from Colorado!

Williams withdrew his name from the draft recently (he gave up football).

Rogers is still available. But he has a long history of injuries and surgeries. But he did stay healthy and improve a whole lot last year. From what I've read though, he projects as more of a RT. So we'll see.

Back
Top Bottom