McKinnie a future Dolphin???? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McKinnie a future Dolphin????

phins_4_ever

E12 FH Tailgate Gang
Reaction score
Moving up to #3?

"The Miami Dolphins are also rumored to be interested and since they don't have a second round draft pick (it is Philadelphia's) they would like a high draft pick rather than quantity. Miami apparently wants Bryant McKinnie and they feel he will still be on the board at #3. "

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
He won't be available at 3, but I would love to see him a Dolphin.

He may be...I don't think the Texans will pick him...and then its Carolina...I don't think they will pick him either...

The first ones I would think would be seriously interested are the Bills (at #4 I believe)....

TSN's mock draft has McKinnie at number 1 and they say the only player the Texans are considering taking at number 1 is McKinnie.

#23 to #3?????

Not a chance!!

Miami will not have the fire power(draft picks) to offer. Detroit needs help now to fill the holes. I could possibly see Fins moving up but without the #2...it will be difficult. It will be difficult to trade players because that accelerates the entire bonus amortization into 2002 cap and with Fins already $13 million OVER.......

Fins should stay put at #23....remember that Chambers was a 2nd rd pick , thus quality players can be found at the end of rd 1

Oh BTW

:monkey: Doll-Felons

Re: #23 to #3?????

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Not a chance!!

Miami will not have the fire power(draft picks) to offer. Detroit needs help now to fill the holes. I could possibly see Fins moving up but without the #2...it will be difficult. It will be difficult to trade players because that accelerates the entire bonus amortization into 2002 cap and with Fins already $13 million OVER.......

Fins should stay put at #23....remember that Chambers was a 2nd rd pick , thus quality players can be found at the end of rd 1

Oh BTW

:monkey: Doll-Felons

I guess you haven't heard the Surtain to Cincinnati rumors.

er...um.....uhhhh....

Trading Surtain adds to the 2002 cap because of bonus amortization.......and I'm sure many of the other players will be thrilled about the prospects of being traded to Cincy ;)

If I were the GM of the Texans, I'd trade the top pick for as many picks as possible. I would have a ton of money to spend and with the special allowances afforded an expansion team an expansion team could really lessen the learning curve between start-up and the playoffs.

BB

I learned today, that if Surtain was traded he would cost 8 mill agianst this years cap, so we can stop talking about him on the tradeing block. Also Mckinnie may get bye Houston since Capers is a defensive coach he will probably take Peppers epecialy since he is running a 3-4. In that system you have to have domintaing de. There is no way Mckinnie gets bye Carolina unless they trade down.

Originally posted by Dajesus
I learned today, that if Surtain was traded he would cost 8 mill agianst this years cap, so we can stop talking about him on the tradeing block. Also Mckinnie may get bye Houston since Capers is a defensive coach he will probably take Peppers epecialy since he is running a 3-4. In that system you have to have domintaing de. There is no way Mckinnie gets bye Carolina unless they trade down.

They WON'T draft Peppers because he wouldn't work well in their 3-4 system.

The Texans are drafting a QB in the first round. They are also taking Tony Boselli from the Jags.

Second pick is going to be defensive line

That leaves Mckinnie to go number three.

We will trade out of the first round to aquire a second and extra third or fourth. Unless there is some stud RB or D line/O line guy available in the first.

That is my prediction, and I am sticking to it.

Oh and BTW, we won't trade a single player.

yeah from every report i have heard d. carr, j. harrington, and j. peppers are all but a lock for the top three spots in the draft.

Mount McKinnie won't be around for the Dolphins to get, but they should go after some O line help. That line was despicable this year.

Texans go for either Carr or Harrington.

Back
Top Bottom