Mckinnney And Ruddy....center Of Attention This Upcoming Game.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mckinnney And Ruddy....center Of Attention This Upcoming Game..

Originally posted by gunn34
IMO McKinnley should start this year. This will give him experience for next year. I don't want to see us have possibly three new OL next year.

No, this is how you work it. Ruddy gets the spot cus he earned it and he is the vet and he knows alot more than mckinney right now. The center is the leader of the line. Ruddy will get dinged up at some point or injured and mckinney comes in and takes over at that point. I say its a wonderful thing to have two very capable centers.

"It looks pretty much like I thought. The Center position looks to have already been settled,"

This makes CK happiest of all.

Great work.

Originally posted by finfan54
Wade Smith will be our LT. why do people go against the grain of whats happening? what makes you think that suddenly wade smith becomes a RT? i dont get it. we drafted him to be a LT and he is showing something, why all of a sudden a RT?

Chill dude and use some thought when reading the thread. It was only one post and that was a hypothetical situation if we don't keep Todd Wade NEXT year which is very very likely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Predaphin34
Can Ruddy play Guard????
it has been discussed that he can when they tried to sign Kreutz last year

I think that Ruddy has the experience on his side and he makes the line calls so he'll probably start but Seth could start at some point this year.

Ozzy rules!!

Funny thing about the whole Kreutz thing was that Wanny announced that his intention for Kreutz may have been guard. He knows his old players, especially his best one.

Next year the D-line gets younger. We draft one DE and maybe a DT as well considering the age of that line is getting a little high and Burnett will retire. We also find Bowens replacement next year or 2005.

Wanny said Kreutz could have played any of the five positions on the OL and done it dang well. Thats why they wanted him so bad.

With big Ted Washington returning to the division at NT, I think we ought to give a little more thought to having McKinney in at Center. Tim Ruddy does not do well with big jumbo men lined up right in his grill off the snap. Neither do most centers, but its been considered one of the big weaknesses for Ruddy for years and years...and the guy who really started all that weakness talk was Ted Washington back when he was in Beefalo.

Back
Top Bottom