McKnight to be Cut/Rosenfels #2? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McKnight to be Cut/Rosenfels #2?

phinphanbill

Practice Squad
Reaction score
FYI - from the Herald...

• The odd man out in the Dolphins' receiver corps looks like it might be James McKnight. The team wants to keep Derrius Thompson, and Chris Chambers will be back.

General Manager Rick Spielman says he is projecting a young player on the roster -- probably Sam Simmons or J.R. Tolver -- to be one of Miami's top four receivers.

The other slot figures to be filled by a free agent or draft pick. Darrell Jackson's attorney said his client is interested. The 25-year-old ex-Gators free agent receiver caught 68 passes for 1,137 yards and nine touchdowns for Seattle last season.

• Sage Rosenfels, a restricted free agent, says he's ready to move up to a No. 2 quarterback job. Rosenfels' best hope to achieve that: The Dolphins bring back Jay Fiedler and draft a top QB prospect (or trade for Drew Henson), with that rookie beginning the year third on the depth chart.

http://football.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Great

Because Sam Simmons showed some flashes last season and Tolver was equally impressive last preseason as well. I think Sam can be our version of Brandon Stokely.

What this means fellas, is RS is hinting at not taking a wr in the draft unless it's a can't pass up or late round selection. I doubt they'd have Chambers and a 2nd yr starter and a rookie as the wr core. I know sam simmons is a 3rd year player, but last year was his first year of any significant playing time. So I think they may make a run at a FA wr which IMHO, is pretty strong and we can find some great value as well.

It says he "might" be cut.....

I think it all depends on what he's willing to play for.....

I thought JM should have started opposite CC last year once DT started looking like a bench warmer. JM is very fast, and although his hands aren't great, they're probably just as good as another guy we're currently talking about.....WR D. Jackson.

Not sure about this. I like JR Tolver, and I hope he emerges as a starter soon, but in order for this to work out to our advantage, DT will need to step up big time in 2004....

PHINZ RULE!!!

:pirate:

Re: Great

Originally posted by rhadaddy
Because Sam Simmons showed some flashes last season and Tolver was equally impressive last preseason as well. I think Sam can be our version of Brandon Stokely.

What this means fellas, is RS is hinting at not taking a wr in the draft unless it's a can't pass up or late round selection. I doubt they'd have Chambers and a 2nd yr starter and a rookie as the wr core. I know sam simmons is a 3rd year player, but last year was his first year of any significant playing time. So I think they may make a run at a FA wr which IMHO, is pretty strong and we can find some great value as well.

Makes sense, how about these options in order of preference,

TO
Boston
Bruce
Jackson
Nothcutt
Meshawn
others?

Jackson opposite to Chambers ?

Wow!!! I wish!!!

Re: Re: Great

Originally posted by dreadlockera

Makes sense, how about these options in order of preference,

TO
Boston
Bruce
Jackson
Nothcutt
Meshawn
others?

TO I like, but TO=no O-line upgrades
Boston, hmm overated juicer, maybe he'll work better with his old coach but he's a big headache
Bruce would be my first choice but he's not a FA and he's not going anywhere.
Jackson, I like but he has inconsistant hands, hmm???
Northcutt could be the answer.
Meshawn is intriguing but then again he's viewed as a great #3 reciever in some peoples eyes. We're looking for a good #2 option

Originally posted by chambers84
McKnight sucks anyways. Fast but no skills.

He does have limited play-making skills. He did have a 69-yard and an 80-yard touchdown last year. Unfortunately, that's pretty much all we got out of him. He's too inconsistent. I actually thought he improved substantially over 2002, but he didn't exactly set the bar very high. I won't shed any tears if/when he is gone.

As for McKnight, speed is worthless if you can;t catch the ball when it's thrown to you. I also wonder is one of the many reasons Jay had an off year (even for him) was because he didn't have OG. OG was Jay's main target is certain situations, especially 3rd downs. Instead, we had to rely on DT and Mcknight and we know where that got us.

Originally posted by minus
Jackson opposite to Chambers ?

Wow!!! I wish!!!

Jackson is a speedster with no hands.

We need a possession WR... I could see Jackson playin the slot WR, but opposite of Chambers, i dont know about all that.

Originally posted by Amin

Jackson is a speedster with no hands.

We need a possession WR... I could see Jackson playin the slot WR, but opposite of Chambers, i dont know about all that.

Jackson is a very skilled and polished WR. He's very young, comes somewhat cheap and runs excellent routes. Very shifty and speedy. He can get open every down. We just need a QB to get it to him. Ramsey can get him the ball.

This is also of course, assuming he doesn't drop the damn ball. I'm willing to bet he was just in a slump. This isn't something that has plauged him throughout his career.

I think Jackson fits well if we have a QB who can sling it, He'd be a waste of money as long as Fiedler is under center.

Originally posted by Pigskin Pimp

Jackson is a very skilled and polished WR. He's very young, comes somewhat cheap and runs excellent routes. Very shifty and speedy. He can get open every down. We just need a QB to get it to him. Ramsey can get him the ball.

This is also of course, assuming he doesn't drop the damn ball. I'm willing to bet he was just in a slump. This isn't something that has plauged him throughout his career.

I think Jackson fits well if we have a QB who can sling it, He'd be a waste of money as long as Fiedler is under center.

Great Avatar!!

I've seen D. Jackson drop more balls than J. McKnight over the last two seasons!!!....

He could be great, but his hands are just as bad, if not worse than McKnight's....

PHINZ RULE!!!:pirate:

Back
Top Bottom